Oak Grove Racing, Gaming & Hotel (the “Property”) is a new facility in the heart of Oak Grove, Kentucky and across the street from a large Army post, Fort Campbell. The Property is 10 miles from Clarksville, TN and less than 60 miles northwest of downtown Nashville, TN.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing department data, identifying opportunities for process improvement, and developing recommendations to monitor and sustain operational best practices within the company.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts observations, measures performance against established objectives and outcomes.
- Develops forecast and budget reports for various metrics, identifying key metrics and related analytics.
- Provides assistance in budget preparations, forecasting, financial analysis, and productivity/labor analysis.
- Analyzes financial statement reviews, operating margin analysis and monitors profitability and spending in accordance with budget and annual strategic plan.
- Assists in preparation of written reports outlining areas of improvement and developing the tools to help achieve those results.
- Performs operational analysis and offers specific recommendations to the Senior Director of Gaming Operations and Senior Director of Finance.
- Researches and reports on national and local economic landscape, national and local marketplace competition, and external versus internal business trends.
- Responsible for generation and interpretation of analytical reports regarding gaming performance and departmental performance.
- Reviews machine performance and recommends strategic adjustments based upon reviews of machine hold, coin in and overall player appeal to ensure maximum efficiency and earning potential.
- Provides past and present operational performance analysis for VLT games and associates.
- Organizes and completes assigned projects within established time frames while ensuring the confidentiality of all company files and documents.
- Partners with corporate and property departments to generate and distribute relevant information.
- Follows Guest Path Universal Service Standards, Operational Service Standards, and SERVE expectations at all times.
- Performs duties in a safe manner; reports any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Performs any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related area.
- 2 - 4 years of business experience with a financial/accounting focus.
- Superior attention to detail with top-notch accuracy.
- Good working knowledge of accounting principles and their applications.
- Self-motivated to work independently and manage multiple projects within deadlines.
- Experience creating and maintaining financial models.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel (including graphing, pivot tables, V-lookups and other advanced functions) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with JD Edwards and Spreadsheet server a plus.
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Kentucky gaming/racing license
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.