PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN NASHVILLE, TN SUPPORTING GAYLORD HOTELS!!!
The Senior Manager ofChannel Strategy & Optimization is a key member of the Gaylord Hotels’ marketing team responsible for managing media programs and strategies - planning, buying, and reporting of all brand initiatives. The Senior Manager ensures that all strategies are aligned with budget and key-performance-indicators. This position will own the relationship with our agency of record and collaborate with various digital teams to understand channel technical capabilities, best practices, setup needs and other optimizations that enable more effective and efficient media strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related
- 4-6 years of relevant professional experience, including but not limited to consumer marketing, advertising agency, social media and/or field operations/marketing
- Experience managing two or more direct reports
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Hospitality experience, particularly tourism marketing, hotel sales or hotel marketing preferred
- Experience planning, owning, and executing media strategies/budgets across traditional (print, broadcast, etc.) and digital (social, display, etc.) channels.
- Strong problem-solving and effective decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders/projects
- Strong analytical skillset with experience using Excel and other reporting tools preferred (examples - SQL, Tableau, Cognos)
- Prior Media Agency experience preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Coordinate launch of media campaigns with our agency, marketing, communications, and sales departments
- Champion media and buying strategies such as GRP benchmarks within markets, channel mix optimizations, content/channel testing, and overall buy/browse/shop tactics
- Collaborate with internal and agency teams to understand channel capabilities (example - dynamic creative, audience segmentation, and retargeting decision trees) and technical needs (example – knowledge of campaign setup needs/process, website tagging, and KPI measurement)
- Partner with brand teams on creative and content needs by providing testing strategies and channel specific expertise that can help drive channel performance
- Collaborate with our Senior Media and Advertiser Manager on opportunities to trade unused inventory for incremental media value and its impact on overall media strategy
- Develop expertise on all relevant media channels and own media calendars, playbooks, and related SOPs
- Leverages opportunities regarding partner testing, budget optimization, channel optimization, new media partner identification, etc.
- Helps develop KPIs for reporting dashboards and utilize trend/performance analysis of campaigns to measure success and establish best practices
- Tracks and manages the allocated media budget and supports budget guidance as it relates to media & advertising
- Act as liaison between media partners and brand creative to gather media specs and traffic for asset creation
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization.
- Supervise up to 2 direct reports
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Ensures the work is organized so it can be effectively completed.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to complete work.
- Coaches others on scope of technical decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate status of work.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
- Develops others by identifying needs and providing resources in area of expertise.
- Uses professional networks to attract top talent in area of expertise.
- Participates in the hiring process and ensures successful on‐boarding of new associates.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Identifies innovative technical approaches and communicates how they can improve processes or business functioning.
Building and Contributing to Teams
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
Driving for Results
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
Planning and Organizing
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.