We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Group Room Coordinator to join our team. The Group Rooms Coordinator will work closely with the Front Office team as well as other departments of the hotel. The successful candidate will be welcoming with friendly attitude, be team orientated, be efficient and a good problem solver.
The hospitality industry is unique in that it requires commitment 24 hours a day. Providing our guests with a great experience and anticipating needs to achieve the best possible service in the most caring and courteous manner so they will want to come back for more.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage general inventory, room blocks, and individual reservations for maximum revenue.
- Maintain and update hotel’s online reservation system accordingly to maintain site appearance uniformity, integrity and accuracy.
- Answer and handle guest call and inquiries.
- Approve/deny reservation changes and overrides.
- Responsible for room package set up and implementation including building package SRPs, masters, revenue breakages, and maintaining Front Office internal package reference document.
- Conduct Reservation Quality Control Audits to ensure maximum revenue including but not limited to proper credit card and guest information collection, coding for the purposes of revenue, and to catch any errors, making sure to track and follow up on those errors.
- Create group rate plans and group masters including group member template setup, group notes, billing notes, and custom routing profiles.
- Set up and monitor billing arrangements for conference / group attendees and transient guests. Enter rooming lists and action change requests.
- Create local negotiated rate plans, masters, group member set up, and pop-up messaging.
- Ensure guest satisfaction through professional interaction, problem solving and follow through.
- Maintain good customer relations by being aware of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Resolve any guest challenges or issues.
- Communicate the necessary information to associates in order to enhance department operations and guest service.
- Check guest in, ensuring proper credit is received, special requests are noted / fulfilled and accurate information is established.
- Communicate with all departments regarding in house VIP’s and any special needs.
- Thoroughly complete all guest transactions.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all hotel amenities as well as any special events.
- Promote and sell special hotel programs, special rate packages, and upgrades when appropriate.
- Interact with team in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and Hotel policies.
- Maintain house bank and handle all checks and cash according to Hotel policies and procedures.
- Communicate all pertinent information to Managers and Supervisors.
- Follow set procedures on posting, charges, cashing checks, safe deposits, and refunds.
- Solicit guest feedback via guest comment cards.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner and assist guests with any questions, directions to the property etc.
- 1-3 years minimum related experience
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong skills in mathematics for basic computations and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be available to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Previous cash-handling experience preferred.
- Organizational skills including follow-through, problem solving, and communication.
- Ability to stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- High school or equivalent education required.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER