Hummingbird Cafe at Grand Hyatt Nashville
Job Title: Barista
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
Job Purpose: To sell products provided in the gift shop area as well as provide food and beverage items in the Coffee shop. Provide high quality guest service and demonstrates outstanding interpersonal relations.
1. Informs customers about the available food, beverage, and gift shop items available in the Coffee shop and provides customers with information about the hotel.
2. Prepares specialty coffee drinks in accordance with established recipes. Operates Coffee shop equipment according to proper procedures.
3. Maintains a neat and clean environment in the Coffee shop. Cleans equipment, displays, floors, etc. as per SOP for daily cleaning program.
4. Straightens/refreshes/restocks merchandise and food displays to maintain a “fresh” look in the Coffee shop.
5. Close and open Coffee shop on time with proper setup for the day and proper closing procedure for the evening.
6. Completes all sales through the Micros system, processes transactions in accordance with established accounting procedures ensuring proper cash handling, and is responsible for a cash drawer.
7. Assists with managing inventory by monitoring stocks and working with management to place orders.
8. Accounts for all cash and secures money drops in accordance with hotel and company policies.
9. Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several variables. Ability to balance cash drawer and exercise math and basic accounting skills.
2. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct English and well-modulated voice.
3. Transcribing, entering, or posting data; talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information, including giving assignments and or directions to helpers or assistants.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education High school diploma or equivalent education required
Experience Retail and/or customer service experience preferred. Café or barista experience preferred 3-6 months related experience and/or training.
Licenses/Certifications None required
Opening in 2020, the Grand Hyatt Nashville is inspired by Music City’s history, charm and personality. The impressive 24-story hotel features 591 beautifully modern guest rooms, 77,000 square feet of event space, signature restaurants, multiple bars, a rooftop lounge, a pool deck overlooking the city, a Grand Club Lounge and a world-class spa.