Posted May 6, 2021W Doha Hotel & Residences
Responsible for assisting the Project Lead in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing the project. Assisting for the entire project scope, project team, resources, and the success or failure of the project. He/she will assist in the management of the following areas: project Stakeholders, KPI’s, Cost, Quality management, HR, Risk Management, procurement, executing the project to the standards of the organizing committee and the standards of W Doha, helping in monitoring and controlling the deliverables and a successful delivery of the project up until closing and handover.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in operations management, or related professional area. Prior Experience in International Sports Events, Quality Assurance, Operational Innovation and/or Six Sigma certification is very important.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in operations management, or related professional area. Prior Experience in International Sports Events, Quality Assurance, Operational Innovation and/or Six Sigma certification is very important.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Operations Team
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
• Ensures that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing Property Operations Function(s)
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
• Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RD.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
• Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
As desert dunes soar next to towering skyscrapers, W Doha Hotel & Residences dazzles by the Arabian Sea. Historic forts, modern art, camel racing, championship golf, ancient souks, luxury shopping, old Shisha cafes, modern cuisines. Doha does it all.
Where in Doha will you indulge in restaurants by Jean-Georges, the hottest nightlife and the cozy Living Room while unwinding at Bliss® Spa, cooling off in WET® or energizing at FIT? Our Whatever/Whenever® service makes all other wishes come true.
Waking up is wonderful in our 442 rooms blending vivid interiors and stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, as you delight in the signature W bed, oh-so-fun W MixBar, Bliss® Spa sinkside six, fully wired tech and state-of-the-art entertainment.