Supports the Director of Recreation in all aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works with direct reports to carry out departmental strategies.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Recreation Operations
• Supervises employees and supports day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Monitors quality, standards and meets or exceeds the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Participate in the development of specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Supports the management of outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Monitors the children's program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Supervises group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
• Monitors pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, provides guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinates training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, and experience a north Florida luxury resort where magnificent live oaks and Southern charm meet Florida’s warm ocean waves and white sand beaches. Located on a grand stretch of pristine coastline, this Amelia Island resort provides guests with an unforgettable escape. Take in ocean views from our luxury resort’s private balcony as you revel in picturesque sunsets from your suite. Rejuvenate at our on-site spa, indulge in fine dining, or play 18 holes on our private golf resort. Our Florida resort offers enjoyment for all our guests.To tour The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island luxury resort, please click to view the Photo Gallery. The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is a Tier 2 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.