Responsible for: the day-to-day operations of the Front Office, to include but not limited to: personnel, budget performance and financial controls.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- One year experience supervising (at least) three associates.
- Two years experience in service industry.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Supervisory skills: interview, hire, train, appraise, document, motivate.
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations check daily events, bulletin boards and are up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Train and develop associates through meetings, logs, etc.
- Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative feedback.
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system.
- Maintain organization of supplies and order as necessary.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates and home office support staff.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism maintain hospitable attitude.
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
- Stay organized and proactively organize in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training, coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified individuals.
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Complete admistrative duties in a timely manner: schedules, payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program.
- Utilize Service Recovery Log and other necessary communication logs from shift to shift. Respond to guest comments and issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned, and as staffing needs arise throughout the hotel.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
Positions For Possible Advancement
Before the next promotion, this person should train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a AGM or General Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.