ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Set up banquet room as instructed by Supervisor to include linen, service ware and glassware.
2. Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
3. Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
4. Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
5. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
6. Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
7. Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Supervisor’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Blending sophistication, elegance, and classic southern hospitality with the unique surroundings of Bridge Street Town Centre, The Westin Huntsville is the only AAA Four Diamond rated Huntsville hotel. We continue to thrive as the favorite for business travelers, local clientele, and vacationing visitors. Located within Huntsville's Cummings Research Park, the second largest technology center in the United States, and less than three miles from the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, our hotel offers everything a business traveler demands and everything a vacationer desires. The Westin Huntsville is an integral component of one of Huntsville's finest mixed-use development.