Performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances
and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure environment.
Drives minibus, van, or lightweight truck to transport guests, clients, or company personnel by performing the following duties. Meets and greets guests upon arrival and directs them to the front desk for check in. Assists with luggage as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
- Requires verbal communication using pager and two-way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, e.g., assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.
- Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Use a clear, concise English speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Receive, record and store lost and found items. Research and respond to inquirers from guests concerning status of items.
- Drives vehicle from central loading area to airports, or other destinations according to assigned schedule.
- Assistas passengers into and out of the vehicle
- Assistas with loading and unlaoding baggage.
- Meet and greet guests up on arrival
- Operate radio or simiar device to communicate with base station or other vehicles ot report status of service.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants and accessories.
- Keeps entryway free of debris and ensure trash receptacles are clean and emptied as needed.
- Restocks gift shop when needed.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Prior law enforcement or other military experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient while maintaining a pleasant cheerful demeanor.
- Valid Driver’s license and DOT Certification