This is a multi property position - this position supports and will oversee 3 MSB properties: Courtyard Elizabeth, Residence Inn Elizabeth and Courtyard Newark Airport.
As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. Works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. Utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
Education And Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Managing The Human Resources Strategy
- Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
- Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
- Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions.
- Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
- Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
- Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
- Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
- Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
- Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection procedures.
Managing Staffing And Recruitment Process
- Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
Managing Employee Development
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Verifies employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate.
- Verifies coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Verifies attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs.
- Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Managing Staff Development Activities
- Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
- Verifies property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
- Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
- Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
Managing Legal And Compliance Practices
- Conducts periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
- Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.
- Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Monitors the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection and applicants receive status notifications).