The Hotel Accounting Manager oversees the day-to-day and month-end closing accounting procedures. Responsible for performing general accounting functions as directed and ensure hotel accounting quality standards are achieved and maintained. This position manages the accounting department and purchasing department staff. The candidate must maintain accuracy, consistency, and timeliness while carrying out the responsibilities noted below.
· Responsible for working with all departments to ensure Guest & Employee Satisfaction.
· Prepares and reviews monthly hotel financial statement.
· Oversees the accounts payable process.
· Oversees the accounts receivable process including complimentary accounting for the Casino hotel.
· Manages all functions regarding cash and credit card transactions such as advance deposits, assignment and accuracy of hotel cash banks, chargeback’s, and daily bank deposit processes.
· Implements procedures for, approves and monitors hotel purchases.
· Oversees hotel inventories (food, beverage and supplies).
· Prepares and files Oklahoma state sales, mixed beverage & use tax, county lodging tax, and misc tax returns.
· Resolves tax issues and reviews tax exempt status for sales, use and occupancy tax.
· Oversees the relationship with the Casino from an accounting perspective
· Responsible for online banking related transactions including wire transfers and posting of cash related transactions in accounting system.
· Works with external auditors to ensure requested documents are provided.
· Assists with the payroll process at the property level.
· Assists with the preparation and review of annual property and capital budgets.
· Reviews the daily night audit information for accuracy and corrections, if needed.
· Prepares and reviews the month-end closing packet.
· Prepare monthly forecast and executive summary for submission to corporate managers and ownership.
· Assist with set-up of LMS and POS systems and ensure accuracy of automated financial information.
· Ensures properties are compliant with company policies and procedures
· Ensures the hotel’s internal controls are in place.
· Perform periodic Internal Audits to make sure internal controls are in place.
· Participates in the development of the short term and long term financial plans for the hotel.
· Maintains a listing of hotel contracts
· Ensures all licenses and permits are current
· Participates in the development of annual budgets and periodic forecasts for the hotel.
· Ensures Security for the hotel’s customers, employees, and property assets.
· Enforces established policies and procedures for WinStar World Hotel and the hotel’s brand.
· Practices the WinStar World Hotel Culture and ensures all cultural expectations are implemented and regularly practiced throughout the hotel.
· Supports hotel’s training needs and efforts.
· Responsible for performing “other duties” as assigned by management.
· Four-year college degree in accounting or business. Hospitality experience preferred.
· Ability to read, understand and prepare general ledger, balance sheet, and income statement financial reports.
· Have understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Knowledge of tax related information including monthly filing requirements and exemption qualifications.
· Able to work some overtime and/or weekends if needed.
· Able to meet deadlines.
· Must be able to supervise multiple positions and maintain a positive work environment.
· Must be able to obtain a vendor gaming license as required to access the back offices of the Casino or to transport deposits as a back-up to the Casino sally port with security as needed
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
· Ability to obtain any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company Regulations.
• Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel software.
• Experience with general ledger accounting software.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
· Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
· Manual dexterity and coordination to perform all job duties including lifting, moving loads up to 25 pounds, be able to sit for long periods of time, etc.
· Read, write, speak, and understand English.
· Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
· Respond to visual and aural cues.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 25 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all time
When you walk into the WinStar World Casino Hotel from the casino gaming floor, you enter a new and exciting destination. With attractive guest rooms and deluxe suites, choose from 1399 rooms that fit your taste and comfort. Inside you’ll find sensational amenities and state-of-the-art facilities. The hotel offers all of the luxuries of home, plus some extras like complimentary turn-down service upon request. You will find several wonderful amenities: Terrace View Café offering an array of delicious selections 24 hours a day, Rotunda Bar and Pool Bar serving cocktails and light food. Enjoy some shopping at one of our two gift shops. Enjoy our state of the art physical fitness room and then relax by your choice of resort-style two pools.
Winston Hospitality is a creative, energetic and passionate company, dedicated to the highest standard of service and quality in the hospitality industry. Winston Hospitality has built a reputation in the industry for developing and operating hotels with an emphasis on quality and a focus on long-term financial success.
Winston Hospitality offers many hospitality services, including management, development, rehabilitation, repositioning, and hotel ownership. Our senior management team brings years of experience and a wealth of knowledge to each of these areas and is strongly committed to ensuring the satisfaction of our guests and of our partners.