The Building Maintenance Tech is a position where you can learn the basics of preventative maintenance duties and procedures, including, but not limited to completing preventive maintenance throughout the hotel, making repairs, performing trash pick up, and unloading and storing deliveries. The Building Maintenance Tech I responds promptly to guest requests in a professional and hospitable manner while maintaining a professional appearance.
Essential Functions, Duties, Responsibilities to be performed with or without accommodation
- Wear provided brand-standard uniform shirt, identification, required footwear, and protective equipment such as gloves
- Follow safe work procedures, including company key control procedures
- Performs daily duties including preventive maintenance in the following areas:Inspects and cleans up in rooms after working in them and ensures they meet Company standards
- Picks up the trash in the building and on the grounds
- Works with the Maintenance Supervisor on tasks that require 2 people
- Ensures maintenance equipment is properly functioning and maintained
- Ensures that all regular maintenance items are completed
- Responds to maintenance emergencies timely
- Ensures grounds, pool, and structure are properly maintained
- Collects and removes trash both inside and outside the hotel
- Sweeps and cleans sidewalks and stairs as needed. (Trash and weather related)
- Clears debris from parking lot, landscaping, and dumpster area daily
- Paints walls, ceilings, doors and window trim as needed
- Ensures all building lighting is in working conditions and repairs and or replaces light bulbs and fixtures as needed
- Adheres to all safety and security guidelines regarding equipment safety, guest safety and safe chemical handling procedures
- Drive hotel shuttle
Skill, Experience, and Competency Requirements
- General knowledge of hand tools
- General knowledge of maintenance
- Ability to work well with others in a guest and team-focused environment
- Time Management capability to accomplish work within established parameters
- Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
- Perseverance to complete work efficiently with attention to quality and detail
- Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome
- Drive to learn and grow
- General knowledge of computers, media/AV systems
Physical and Intellectual Requirements
- Ability to bend at waist and work on knees.
- Ability to reach over head.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to push or pull cleaning equipment for extended periods of time
- Ability to read and communicate chemical labels and safety procedures
- Ability to enter information into online systems.
- Ability to comply with facility, guest, and personal safety procedures
Schedule with varying days and hours of work, weekends and holidays
*Other duties as assigned by supervisor
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.