Manages security/loss prevention operations on a daily basis. Areas of responsibilities include protection of property assets, employees, guests and property, accident and fire prevention and response. Ensures that all areas of the property are safe and secure. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper management for disposition.
• Deploys security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Comply with all Corporate Loss Prevention safety and security management guidelines and procedures.
• Conduct periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
• Recognize success across areas of responsibility.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property and parking areas.
• Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams
• Attends pre- and post-convention and weekly forecast meetings to understand group needs and gather critical information to communicate to Loss Prevention officers.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Incorporates guest safety and satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in minimizing cost of accident claims through aggressive claims management.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Completes proper documentation and reports all employee accident and general liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service.
• Conducts hourly employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Complete disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Administer property policies fairly and consistently.
• Maintain first aid and CPR certifications required for Loss Prevention officers.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement authorities.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
MIRJMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
You can find our chic boutique W Hollywood hotel at the intersection of Hollywood and Vine, under the shadow of the iconic Hollywood sign. Sip, mix and mingle at W Hollywood - the newest destination sensation. Hotel guests will enjoy the signature Whatever/Whenever® service that defines W Hotels. W Hollywood brings glamour and excitement back to the neighborhood that invented celebrity.
Whether tasting the newest culinary treats to come out of Delphine and Drai's Hollywood or chatting over drinks at Station Hollywood, our W Hollywood restaurants will awaken your senses and electrify your nights.
Delphine: Indulge in elevated California Bistro fare at Delphine, where the menu features everything from a raw bar to farmer's market fresh ingredients.
Drai's Hollywood: Victor Drai has once again heightened the restaurant experience. Part nightclub, part upscale steakhouse, Drai's Hollywood pairs pulsing beats with Kobe beef and some of the finest cuts of steak available.
The Living Room: Like the literary salons of New York City and Europe, the W Hollywood Living Room is more than just a lobby. It's a place to watch conversations unfold - or be a part of them. It's a place to mix it up with a cool cocktail. It's a place to shop, relax, and even dance. It's your space to do with as you wish.Station Hollywood: It's a Parisian street cafe in the middle of Hollywood. Sit, sip, and people watch, or enjoy tasty bites from the chef at Delphine.