The Database Administrator’s role is to install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Assesses and develops long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers
- Designs and implements redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Installs and configures relevant SQL components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity
- Responds to and resolves database access and performance issues
- Monitors database system metadata in order to recommend and implement efficiency improvements
- Monitors, optimizes and allocates physical data storage for database systems
- Monitors index and statistic health and manages index maintenance jobs
- Performs database transaction and security audits
- Establishes appropriate end-user database access control levels
- Performs OS and SQL updates and patches
- Maintains documentation on enterprise database environment
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provides guests, especially women, an escape into an exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
- High School diploma or GED required or currently enrolled and successfully complete a GED program within 6 months from start date as a condition of continued employment
Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or related field - required
- Or five (5) years' experience in IT department- required
- Two (2) years’ experience in a database administrator role - required
One (1) of the following certifications- required, more than one (1) certification is preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Database Administrator or Database Developer
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Data Management and Analytics
- Microsoft Certified Azure Database Administrator Associate (MCA)
- Casino IT experience will be viewed as a definite plus
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Working technical experience with installing, configuring, and supporting MSSQL instances including Express to Enterprise edition and versions 2008R2 to current
- Working technical experience in database tuning and troubleshooting via extended events, SQL profiler and third party tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of the SQL Server database security model and the ability to manage access permissions and privileges for end-users as well as application systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of SQL Server recovery models and experience managing both native SQL and third party backup solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of high availability solutions including Always On availability groups, mirroring, log shipping and transactional replication.
- Demonstrable knowledge of MSSQL integration services, ETL processes, and external data interfaces
- Prior experience consulting users for insight on functionality, problems, and/or usability issues
- Familiar in TSQL with the ability to design and optimize database objects including tables, views, functions and stored procedures
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and the SQL Data tools development environment a plus
- Experience in performing root cause analysis for outages or other system issues
- Experience developing with .NET 2.0/3.5/4.0/4.5 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASMX, ADO.NET, VBScript, and ADO a plus
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a valid and current State Driver’s License and an insurable driving record for purposes of driving company vehicles as required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
Native American Indian Preference in hiring policy shall be adheredto at all times.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.