Join the dynamic team at one of Tampa’s newest hotels, the Hyatt Place Hyatt House Tampa Downtown
• Oversee the responsibilities of the Housekeeping Department including Room Cleaning, Public Area Cleaning, and Laundry & Guest laundry services
• Maintain high standards in all aspects of internal and external service
• Promote unity and teamwork throughout the department
• Actively participate in all aspects of Housekeeping operations, including Room cleaning, Room inspections, deep cleaning, Laundry and Public areas
• Communicate with guests in a professional, courteous and helpful manner
• Supervise Housekeeping teams to maximize the guest experience, exceed expectations and efficiently complete daily departmental objectives
• Watch for safety hazards, take immediate corrective action and report them immediately to your Department Supervisor
• Closely monitors day-to-day operations
• Ensures all service standards are met and adhered to
• Observe and coach associate behavior for compliance with standards and expectations
• Regularly inspects public areas and guestrooms
• Facilitates consistent quality of service to exceed guest expectations
• Supervises performance, attendance, appearance and conduct of staff
• Works with Engineering and Front Office to maximize guest satisfaction
• Informs Housekeeping Management of room status for arrivals
• Assists with answering phones, guest requests and general inquiries
• Creates and ensures daily completion of staff checklists and necessary reports
• Keeps work area neat and cleaned at all times
• Can master familiarity with the computer operating system as related to scope of position
• Attends hotel meetings as necessary
• Maintains a professional appearance and attitude at all times
• High school graduate or equivalent
• A minimum of two years’ experience in Housekeeping
• Minimum of 6 months plus experience in as an Inspector
• Minimum 1 year supervisor experience in a similar environment
• Prior guest relations training
• Knowledge of proper chemical handling
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
• Ability to read, write, and understand simple instructions.
• Knowledge in the safe use of cleaning products. Ability to move, traverse, position self to reach corners on floors and high places; observe conditions, detect odors, position and navigate carts weighing up to 200# in tight spaces; operate equipment including spray bottles, vacuums, mops, brooms, floor buffers. Lift, carry and position loads of at least 25#. These abilities are required for an entire shift.
As vibrant as Tampa itself, Hyatt Place Tampa Downtown nods to the city’s Latin roots via its chic design—Instagramable walls splashed with a sunny color palette and eye-catching details like luxe fabrics, vintage accents, and local artwork. And the downtown address can’t be beat: Visit Amalie Arena, the Sparkman Wharf scene, and One Tampa City Center within one mile.