Responsible for all Front Services and staff. Areas of responsibility Valet and Bell operations. Directs and works with Front Services employees to successfully execute all guest arrival and departure procedures. Works to establish a safe and secure environment for all guests and associates. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize financial performance of the department.
Front Services Supervisor Responsibilities
- This position has approximately 24 hourly indirect reports.
- Manage the day to day operations of Front Services (Bell and Valet Operations).
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process references including new hire paperwork to company standard, for all Front Service staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- Set specific goals and objectives for all the employees in the Front Service department.
- Establish and communicate performance criteria to all employees and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees, and provide feedback.
- Appropriately disciplines and create performance improvement plans for employees, for any performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating departments according to hotels’ business levels.
- Review with managers and staff the schedules on a weekly basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being met.
- Communicates with team members, both verbally and in writing, to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work, policies and procedures.
- Provides timely and real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on all levels of service and operational details.
- Adhere and have a complete understanding of the Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Plan, distribute, delegate and direct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work assignments.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints efficiently.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest and employee relations.
- Prepare employees schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Implement suggestive upselling strategies for the guest services team.
Managing and Conducting Departmental Activities
- Celebrate successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of the team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises employee’s ability to employee’s ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the peer review process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at any time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Ensure all inhouse group activities, locations and times set and communicate to staff.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward.
- Verify brand required and service programs are in place and executed properly.
- Communicates with key departments (Housekeeping, engineering, Food & Beverage, reservations, Sales and event planning) to ensure luxury 4 Diamond guest experience from arrival to departure.
- Respond to all guests’ requests, problems and concerns presented in person or through comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Work with Front Services on all shifts and prioritize their work assignments.
- Train and assist Front Services in greeting members and guests in a friendly and professional manner, concentrating on member/guest recognition.
- Ensure that the front lobby and front drive is staffed appropriately.
- Train the Front Services staff in proper arrival and departure procedures ensuring that proper and accurate information is conveyed to each arriving member or guest
- Assist the Reception Desk in the handling of mail, messages, faxes and packages.
- Organize and assist with the delivery of guest room amenities and supplies as needed.
- Parking, retrieve, and take care of our guests' personal vehicles.
- Handle, deliver, carry and store luggage to guest rooms and storage closets.
- Load and unload guest luggage from vehicles
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in elevated guest service (4-5 Diamond, 4-5 Stars) highly preferred.
- Degree in Hotel Management preferred.
- Knowledge of effective office organizational practices.
- Ability to customize approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Ability to lead and participate as a member of a team to move the team forward.
- Strong team player and able to motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the handbook policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the property management system.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of each shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Proven ability in leading and motivation people.
- Understanding Financial Statements (P&L).
- Knowledge of Light Speed and GXP preferred.
- Understanding of Budgeting procedures for all Front of the House departments.
- Excellent knowledge of forecasting.
- Understanding purchasing and cost control procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED; 1 year of experience in the Guest Services, Front Desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited University in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Opening hotel experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an operations team to revenue goal achievement
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends & holidays.
- Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required
- Great knowledge of chemicals
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission.
- Must be able to provide a clean driving record upon hire.
- Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish preferred, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Valid Driver's License required
- TIPS Certification
We participate in E-Verify