To supervise the cleanliness and the appearance of guest accommodations and public space and see that all personnel performing housekeeping operations carry out their assignments in accordance with established standards. Responsible for all housekeeping problems, supplies, linen, equipment, work orders to Maintenance Staff and any other duties as assigned or required.
What you will be doing
- Makes up morning work assignments to ensure all areas of building are properly maintained in accordance with cleanliness standards.
- Supervises the activities of Assistant Housekeeper, Room Attendants, Laundry, Housemen, and Night Cleaners engaged in all types of the hotel cleaning operation. Maintains company productivity standards.
- Interviews, hires, trains, assign, and schedules department personnel. Checks quality of work performed and makes appropriate corrections and changes as necessary.
- Handles guests’ complaints concerning housekeeping service or refers problem to management for adjustment.
- Requisitions uniforms and supplies.
- Supervises the testing of new products for the housekeeping department.
- Notifies maintenance of any needed repairs.
- Personally inspects all rooms daily to ensure cleanliness standards are being met.
- Helps guests and employees in every way possible when called upon and does it willingly and pleasantly.
- Lists and itemizes lost and found items.
- Checks any vacant rooms for condition and possible occupancy, reporting any discrepancies to Management
- Checks rooms to ensure that lights are working properly. Inspects for needed repairs, such as, wallpaper and painting needs, etc.
- Supervises the keeping of all storage areas and linen rooms in a clean and satisfactory condition, as well as, stocked with needed items.
- Reports and delivers valuable items to the Manager’s Office as early as possible after a guest has checked out.
- Directly supervising team of Assistant Housekeepers, Inspectors, Housekeepers and Housemen
- Responsible for all linens, blankets, and room supplies; equipment, vacuums, washing machines, dryers, etc.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Has extensive knowledge of hotel housekeeping and cleaning techniques.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to speak and understand theprimary language(s) used by guests who visit the workplace.
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary benefits
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted meals and hotel stay
- Holiday pay
compensation: $400 bonus if you work from June 1 - Sept 30, 2021 and have perfect attendance