Posted October 11, 2021Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Monitor servers, bartenders & bus person in adherence to all service standards.
2. Supervise service of guests, being watchful of signals from guests in need of service.
3. Assist manager to establish and monitor side work duty completion.
4. Maintain bank to Crescent standards.
5. Read daily communication sheets from previous shift and prepare one for the following shift. Check floor plan for appropriate coverage.
6. Check restaurant/bar for cleanliness and set up. Check service stands and aisle areas. Check tables for cleanliness and proper set up.
7. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Communicate daily with restaurant manager with regard to special events, house counts, etc.
9. Assist restaurant manager in conducting menu classes and taste panels.
10. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Previous food and beverage experience required. Previous hotel restaurant/bar supervisory experience strongly preferred. Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays and weekends. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to use point of sale. Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 pounds. Ability to push/and pull carts of products weighing up to 150 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Situated on 17-acres, our campus-like environment offers guests a tranquil escape from the tumult of Baltimore. Each of our guestrooms and suites features floor-to-ceiling windows and is luxuriously appointed with elegant decor and smart amenities like complimentary WiFi and plush bedding. Designed for the discerning traveler with elevated expectations, we provide our guests an array of premium touches like a state-of-the-art fitness center, a 24-hour high-tech business center, two pools, and complimentary shuttle service within a three-mile radius. Enjoy a world-class dining experience at the Cinnamon Tree Restaurant, featuring traditional American cuisine in an opulent setting, opt for a casual bite at Cafe 245, or savor a signature handcrafted cocktail in the stylish confines of the Polo Lounge & Bar. Our Hunt Valley, MD hotel near Towson University is the only full-service Marriott in the area.