Posted July 17, 2021Marriott Owings Mills Metro Centre
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, problems, issues and concerns and accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
3. Implement company programs and supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk to comply with SOPS and LSOPs, maximize revenues, and motivate associates to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
4. Supervise the Guest Service Agents, Bellman and Shuttle Staff
5. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Three years of Front Office Management experience required. Marriott experience is strongly preferred. Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays and weekends. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Best New and Only Full-Service Hotel in Owings Mills, MD
The first full-service hotel in Owings Mills, Maryland, this brand new 229 room Marriott Hotel features almost 15,000 square feet of flexible event space including a 6,700 square foot ballroom with the ability to entertain up to 1,200 people, a 4,400 square foot outdoor terrace and 3,650 square feet of pre-function space. 7 additional large meeting spaces and multiple board rooms are ideal for corporate and social events. Thoughtfully appointed with amenities, guests can enjoy access to the upscale fitness center, elegant lobby bar and lounge, and on-site dining including a Starbucks coffee shop and a full-service upscale American restaurant. Centrally located in Metro Centre at Owings Mills shopping, dining and events are steps away from the hotel. Plan to enjoy the rolling hills of nearby equestrian country, take in a game at more than 13 local golf clubs, or enjoy outdoor activities at area nature centers, parks and reservoirs. The hotel is also walking distance to Owings Mills Metro Station.