The Chief Engineer is responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of the hotel property (interior and exterior) and the development, execution and follow-though of the hotel work order system. The Chief Engineer manages and oversees the Engineering department in accordance with standards and guidelines established by the hotel. This role will routinely work extended hours as needed (position is on-call 24/7). This can include, but is not limited to, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ensure all required repairs and maintenance performed on all hotel equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by guests, housekeeping, and /or management. Duties could include HVAC, plumbing, electrical repairs, and furniture replacement and/or repair, etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hotel equipment and assets per set schedule.
- Perform daily walk-throughs.
- Develop and maintain effective work order and other paperwork systems.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel Engineering staff.
- Schedule Engineering staff, taking into consideration expected guest arrivals and departures, occupancy levels, guest service needs and budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure all operations of Engineering equipment and procedures are understood and performed safely in accordance with company guidelines and government regulations.
- Interface with staff, vendors, guests and residents to provide efficient and effective results as related repairs and maintenance.
- Assemble weekly and Period Summary Maintenance Reports and identify and track trends in order to anticipate future work projects and costs.
- Administer Safety Training programs, including the facilitation of Emergency Response and other Safety training for hotel staff.
- Be the hotel's main source of knowledge related to emergency procedures, including the location of all emergency shut-offs, etc.
- Assist hotel staff, guests and residents as necessary in case of an emergency.
- Budget, plan, schedule, coordinate and supervise Capital Expenditure projects.
- Maintain a close working relationship with management and staff from all departments of the hotel.
- Educate hotel staff on health & safety procedures and policies.
- Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge, skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- HVAC Certification.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and refrigeration.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of general repairs and maintenance.
- Proven track record working with information technology systems.
- Experience with fire and life safety systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Scheduling flexibility (this position is on call 24 hours a day). Must be willing to work extended hours to ensure the smooth operation of the Engineering department.
- Proven ability to communicate and make sound judgment calls when evaluating problems and situations in order to expedite the resolution.
- Working knowledge of:
- Air Conditioning and Heating
- Plumbing codes
- Electrical codes
- National/Local fire codes
- Mechanical codes
- Blueprints and Plumbing Schematics
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, etc.EOE/M/F/V/D
Following all precautions as instructed by the CDC, the State of VA, Hilton and HRI Properties.