The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing suite revenue and occupancy. He/she is also responsible for all reservation and inquiry calls during their shift. He/she is expected to actively develop superior service skills in dealing with clients, guest, and co-workers.
· Experience in hotel or a related field preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Associate or bachelor degree with an emphasis in Hotel Management, Hospitality Management and/or related fields preferred.
· Must be fluent in English.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by clients, guests and co-workers.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipation, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with LodgeWorks/Brand dress code and uniform requirements.
· Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
· Must be always attentive, courteous and efficient in the dealings with clients, guests, managers and all other employees.
· Demonstrate a genuine care and commitment to guest service.
· Greet and welcome all guests approaching the front desk in accordance with LodgeWorks/Brand standards.
· Develop a team player attitude for the good of the hotel.
· Provide attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay.
· Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
· Respond to all guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the front desk or through reservations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Answer all guest inquires (i.e. hotel services and amenities, the area, etc.).
· Ensure delivery of packages, mail and messages as needed to guests.
· Fully understand and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the front desk computer system.
· Focus on his/her role in contributing to guest satisfaction surveys.
· Demonstrate appropriate phone skills.
· Manage suite inventory.
· Comply at all times with LodgeWorks/Brand compliance standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Participate in all-employee meetings, events and other functions required by management.
· Be familiar with all LodgeWorks/Brand policies and hotel rules, as well as hotel terminology.
· Develop full understanding of hotel amenities and services.
· Understand emergency procedures and be prepared to help when necessary.
· Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with the hotel staff.
· Ensure correct and accurate cash handling while at the front desk.
· Use proper radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
· Perform any other duties as requested by management.
A modern and upscale hotel located near downtown Bellevue, WA, Hyatt House allows you to live your best life while on the road. Enjoy convenient access to I-90, the Microsoft Campus, and close proximity to major corporations such as Boeing, T-Mobile, and Samsung.