Responsible for the management of all efforts of the housekeeping department to ensure compliance with brand/company standards of operation, quality and efficiency.
Basic Job Duties:
- Actively monitor guest rooms and public areas to ensure completion of all daily operational procedures by the Housekeeping Team.
- Perform daily inspections to ensure levels of cleanliness are meeting or exceeding guest and brand/company expectations as measured through inspection scores and current guest satisfaction scores.
- Select, train, motivate, and maintain a high energy & skilled Housekeeping Team.
- Manage employee schedules according to staffing budget, verifies hours worked, and call in replacements to cover callouts.
- Perform room attendant, laundry, and house attendant functions whenever necessary.
- Develop and maintain a deep cleaning schedule.
- Manage all aspects of employee performance to ensure productivity and a high-quality work environment. Set clear expectations for team members and ensure accountability.
- Recognize positive team performance on a continuous basis through reward & recognition programs.
- Keep up to date and comply with all brand/company standards, policies and procedures, ensuring the Housekeeping Team is informed.
- Conduct monthly inventory counts to maintain par levels, ensure proper ordering, receiving, and maintenance of linens and supplies.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with training, disciplinary action, payroll, scheduling, time off requests, etc.
- Enforce standard procedures for the security and return of guest lost and found items.
- Ensures housekeeping staff compliance with key card control procedures.
- Ensures all departmental staff is working safely and in accordance with OSHA regulations. May investigate accidents and initiate accident reports recommending appropriate corrective action.
- Conduct monthly department meetings.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Some college or equivalent work experience.
- Two years’ experience as a Housekeeping Manager; preferably at a full service, four-star hotel/resort.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms. Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate high energy, excellent interpersonal skills and strong enthusiasm for guest service.
- Intermediate computer experience with programs such as MS Word & Excel.
- Working knowledge of hotel reservation system, OnQ experience preferred.
- Skilled in resolving conflict, influencing & mentoring others.
- Ability to handle pressure situations and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to bend, stoop, walk and lift up 50lbs, and push/pull up to 100lbs with or without accommodation.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends & holidays.
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, etc. EOE/M/F/V/D
Following all precautions as instructed by the CDC, the State of VA, Hilton and HRI Properties.