Posted May 23, 2021Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
2. Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
3. Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
4. Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
5. Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
6. Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
7. Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
One year prior experience as a housekeeper in preferably a hotel environment is required.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment. Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
Additional Qualifications- Prior experience as a room attendant in a hotel is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Guests can relax in our spacious and modern suites, featuring the renowned Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience, ergonomic desk chairs and plasma TVs. They can connect to work or home with high speed Internet access, PC work stations and more in our lobby. Reenergize after a long day or flight at Sheraton Fitness or refresh in our pool. We offer a great meal or drinks in our Vector Restaurant & Lounge, a great place to connect with friends and loved ones. We've thought of everything our guests need for a relaxed and memorable stay. With easy access to and from Philadelphia International Airport on our complimentary shuttle, we are also convenient to all of downtown Philadelphia's attractions, including Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the historic district and shopping and cultural destinations. Welcome to Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport—an upbeat and refreshing hotel experience.