Join our Team a La Fonda on the Plaza!
Job Title: Assistant Beverage Manager
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage and Beverage Manager
The Assistant Beverage Manager is responsible for operations of La Fiesta Lounge plus all beverage service offered in other food and beverage venues – the Bell Tower, La Plazuela, in-room dining, banquets and cater-out functions. This person assists in budget and must maintain profitability of the Beverage Department through cost and proper scheduling.
· Responsible for the knowledge of State and local alcohol ordinances.
· Generate maximum financial performance of the Beverage Department, including the generation of revenue and effective cost controls.
· Maintain profitability of the department through proper payroll and schedule management.
· Coach, discipline, consistent documentation and evaluation of staff: maintain effective communication, clear direction and open feedback systems.
· Provide superior guest service that meets or exceeds company standards.
· Assist with organizing and conducting pre-shift meetings, department trainings and monthly meetings.
· Inventory management, including ordering department supplies, beverage requisitions and purchasing, monthly inventories.
· Assist in beverage storeroom management through the inventory app, including entering transfer paperwork and invoices as well as prepping batched beverages for the outlets.
· Tracking banquet bar inventories and posting host bar revenues.
· Be proactive with new ideas and industry trends in the beverage and bar area.
· Interact positively with customers and resolve guest and associate issues.
· Function as a key member of the hotel management team.
· Preform other related duties as assigned or requested by management.
Skills and Abilities:
Strong Interpersonal Leadership Skill, professional caring approach toward employees.
Experience in cash handling, accounting, computer systems – both point of sale and office
administration – Outlook e-mail, Word and Excel
Wine knowledge and fine dining service experience is essential.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, weekends and evenings.
Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and preferably communicate in Spanish.
Position requires walking up and down stairs, standing, giving direction, and limited lifting.
Progressive Management experience and track record of success in either hotel or restaurant
operations, minimum of 2 years departmental authority.
Vibrant decor and authentic New Mexican architecture intermingle with indulgent amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi, concierge services, free water, Nespresso machine, complimentary art & history tours 4 days a week, a business center and much more. Each of our 180 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites present an opportunity to experience the elegance of our property, boasting original artwork and hand-crafted furniture and luxury amenities.
An authentic example of one of Santa Fe's 4-Diamond hotels, La Fonda on the Plaza offers three classic New Mexican dining experiences including a one-of-a-kind, seasonal, outdoor cocktail bar. Breathtaking event venues showcase views of the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, creating an idyllic location for Santa Fe weddings and events while stately meeting rooms and a complimentary business center make La Fonda the ideal solution for your business meetings and corporate travel. Our central location on the historic Santa Fe Plaza provides guests with unsurpassed access to original local artwork, entertainment and attractions. And as the Travel + Leisure's Readers' Choice Destination of the Year 2017 and Condé Nast Traveler's Top Ten Reader's Choice Awards in the Southwest and West 2018, Santa Fe and La Fonda's distinction as an unforgettable destination has never been clearer.