Posted May 24, 2021Marriott Owings Mills Metro Centre
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
3. Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
4. Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
5. Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
6. Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with hotel hazard communication program.
7. Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
8. Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, decor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
9. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals. Knowledge of policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property. Basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting. Supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation. Ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors, contractors. Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities. Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Best New and Only Full-Service Hotel in Owings Mills, MD
The first full-service hotel in Owings Mills, Maryland, this brand new 229 room Marriott Hotel features almost 15,000 square feet of flexible event space including a 6,700 square foot ballroom with the ability to entertain up to 1,200 people, a 4,400 square foot outdoor terrace and 3,650 square feet of pre-function space. 7 additional large meeting spaces and multiple board rooms are ideal for corporate and social events. Thoughtfully appointed with amenities, guests can enjoy access to the upscale fitness center, elegant lobby bar and lounge, and on-site dining including a Starbucks coffee shop and a full-service upscale American restaurant. Centrally located in Metro Centre at Owings Mills shopping, dining and events are steps away from the hotel. Plan to enjoy the rolling hills of nearby equestrian country, take in a game at more than 13 local golf clubs, or enjoy outdoor activities at area nature centers, parks and reservoirs. The hotel is also walking distance to Owings Mills Metro Station.