JOB TITLE: HOUSEKEEPER
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper and/or Housekeeping Supervisor
The Housekeeper is responsible for all cleaning functions to service designated suites and public areas as directed by the Executive Housekeeper or the Housekeeping Supervisor. Cleaning shall at least meet system standards and be completed by the LodgeWorks/Brand standards. He/She is expected to actively develop and promote superior services skills in dealing with clients, guests and co-workers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· English skills preferred.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Ability to reach overhead, utilize both hands, to bend over and to stoop and kneel.
· Ability to operate light equipment such as vacuum cleaners and dishwashers.
· Must be capable of climbing and descending stairs during their shift.
· Must be able to work in the outside environment (based on location).
· Must be able to understand and follow directions, guidelines and work objectives as set forth by the supervisor.
· Must be able to understand the potential hazards and subsequent procedures involved in working around commercial cleaning agents and light machinery.
· Must use common sense and integrity in ensuring the security of guest belongings while working in occupied suites.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and co-workers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SERVICE ATTITUDE AND COMMUNICATION
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with LodgeWorks/Brand dress code and uniform requirements.
· Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be always attentive, courteous and efficient in the dealings with guests, managers and all other employees.
· Comply at all times with LodgeWorks/Brand compliance standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
· Exhibits helpful and willing attitude to serve guest requests.
· Communicate with other hotel staff to accommodate special guest requests.
· Develop and promote a team player attitude for the good of the hotel.
· Must be able to perform essential housekeeping functions while meeting LodgeWorks/Brand time standards.
· Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds frequently.
· Must be able to push up to 100 pounds.
· Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
· Must be capable of utilizing both hands in order to perform such tasks as changing bed linens, scrubbing pots, etc.
· Must be capable of reaching overhead to dust, clean the tops of equipment/appliances and to place items in cupboards.
· Must be capable of moving light furniture, (i.e. chairs, tables, etc.) in order to clean under these items.
· Must be capable of climbing and descending stairs frequently throughout the shift.
· Must be capable of bending over, stooping and working on the knees in order to perform such functions as scrubbing commodes, tubs, cleaning tiles and putting away items.
· Must practice safe use of all cleaning agents.
· Must be able to follow all LodgeWorks/Brand safety practices such as wearing personal protective equipment, reading chemical warning labels, and other safe work practices.
· Prepare housekeeping cart for the next day’s use.
· Remove all trash and dirty linen from guest suites.
· Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed.
· Report all missing items from rooms (i.e. irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Executive Housekeeper.
· Must be able to use two way radios, telephones, general office equipment, industrial washer, dryer, irons, vacuum, floor buffer, wet vac and other housekeeping equipment.
· Ensure proper care of housekeeping equipment and facilities and report all maintenance as needed.
· Participate in all-employee meetings, events and other functions required by management.
· Be familiar with all LodgeWorks/Brand policies, hotel rules and hotel terminology.
· Must be capable of self supervision and have the ability to mange time accordingly in order to complete the required work.
· Attend meetings as required by management.
· Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Archer is bringing laid-back luxury to Redmond, Seattle's high-tech Eastside suburb. Set in the open-air Redmond Town Center — a walkable urban village with shops and restaurants — and close to Marymoor Park, Microsoft and Woodinville wine country, this seven-story boutique hotel promises a sophisticated Northwest vibe and quirky, curated luxuries.
Guests can expect 160 luxe guest rooms and suites, a lively cocktail bar and patio, signature amenities and sincere service — always.