Posted June 2, 2021Archer Hotel Redmond
As part of the Maintenance team, this position performs all necessary repairs and preventative maintenance as directed by the Chief Engineer/Engineering Supervisor, to maintain a safe, attractive and efficiently operated hotel. He/she is responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Previous hotel or related field maintenance experience is helpful.
· A working ability with HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry is needed, and formal training in at least one of these disciplines is preferred.
· English skills required.
· Any and all state and local age and licensing requirements must be met prior to operating and handling any hand or power tools, torches, chemicals, etc., as well as for driving of the hotel van.
· Long and flexible hours sometimes required.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Ability to reach overhead, utilize both hands, to bend over and to stoop and kneel.
· Ability to operate various types of maintenance equipment.
· Must be capable of climbing and descending stairs during their shift.
· Must be able to understand and follow directions, guidelines and work objectives as set forth by the Engineering Manager.
· Must be able to understand the potential hazards and subsequent procedures involved in working around commercial chemical agents and various types of machinery.
· Must use common sense and integrity in ensuring the security of guest belongings while working in occupied suites.
· Must be able to work in a self-managed and self-directed environment.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Completes maintenance requests in a timely manner. Works on improvement projects and preventative maintenance programs as directed.
· Performs Suite Care, to maintain suites for guest satisfaction.
· Performs exterior property maintenance, such as carpentry repair, painting and all other functions necessary to the facility.
· Exhibits friendly, caring attitude toward guest and co-workers.
· Consistently leaves maintenance slip in guest suite when work is completed..
· Practices safety throughout work shift by removing/correcting and hazards identified.
· On call (emergency) rotation, and works closing with the housekeeping department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SERVICE ATTITUDE AND COMMUNICATION
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with LodgeWorks dress code and wearing a nametag when working.
· Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be always attentive, courteous and efficient in the dealings with guests, managers and all other employees.
· Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
· Routinely communicate the Housekeeping Manager and all other employees on issues of maintaining the property in excellent condition.
· Communicate with other hotel staff to accommodate special guest requests.
· Assure maintenance slip is in the guest suite when work is completed.
· Comply at all times with LodgeWorks compliance standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Responsible for maintaining the physical structure and grounds of the hotel property in like-new condition, including landscaping, walkways, pool area and sport courts, as directed by Engineering Manager.
· Assign or handle maintenance requests, improvement projects and develop preventative maintenance programs.
· Must be able to use two way radios, telephones, general office equipments and various types of maintenance equipments.
· Follow compliance with company standards, safety rules, and health and sanitation regulations.
· Have working ability with HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry as needed.
· Completes pertinent maintenance records and files related to the facility.
· Maintain files of and be familiar with all operations manuals and warranty agreements for equipment.
· Ensure that pool and spa are in compliance with area health codes
· Completes and maintains pool and spa chemical logs.
· Maintain all compliance standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Participate in all-employee meetings, events and other functions required by management.
· Be familiar with all LodgeWorks/Brand policies and hotel rules, as well as hotel terminology.
· Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with the hotel staff.
· Attend meetings as required by managements.
· Perform any other duties as requested by management.
compensation: $18-$20 DOE
Archer is bringing laid-back luxury to Redmond, Seattle's high-tech Eastside suburb. Set in the open-air Redmond Town Center — a walkable urban village with shops and restaurants — and close to Marymoor Park, Microsoft and Woodinville wine country, this seven-story boutique hotel promises a sophisticated Northwest vibe and quirky, curated luxuries.
Guests can expect 160 luxe guest rooms and suites, a lively cocktail bar and patio, signature amenities and sincere service — always.