Posted June 2, 2021Archer Hotel Redmond
The Bartender is responsible for providing excellent service to guests. He/she is responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of the bar and beverage preparation areas. He/she will follow safe food handling and service practices and work closely with the sales staff and Food & Beverage staff to service restaurants, bars, meetings, banquets and other guest events. He/she will comply with any licensing or regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Fluent in English required.
· Food handling certificate in states or counties where required.
· State/local licensing and/or certification where required.
· Must be of legal age to serve liquor according to state law.
· Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Must be able to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, and wipe.
· Frequent washing of hands.
· Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping.
· Light work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Basic knowledge of coffee, beer, whine, and spirits and be familiar with standard drink recipes.
· Knowledge of LodgeWorks/Brand food and beverage specifications.
· Basic mathematical skills. Handle money and give correct change.
· Basic reading and computer skills.
· Organizational skills / multi-task oriented.
· Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SERVICE ATTITUDE AND COMMUNICATION
· Professional verbal and physical conduct is required at all times.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with LodgeWorks/Brand dress code and wearing a name tag when working.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with all employees and department heads.
· Develop a team player attitude for the good of the hotel.
FOOD & HANDLING RESPONSIBILITY
· Must meet local/state service of alcohol certifications/task requirements.
· Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked according to LodgeWorks/Brand standards at all times.
· Mix, garnish, and serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for guests following standard recipes.
· Ring drink orders in to computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served, and make appropriate change.
· Place current bar tabs in front of guests at all times.
· Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display according to LodgeWorks/Brand standards.
· Wash, sterilize, and polish stemware.
· Use appropriate discretion in refusing service and/or discontinuing service. Seek management intervention if necessary.
· Participate in all-employee meetings, events and other functions required by management.
· Be familiar with all LodgeWorks/Brand policies and hotel rules, and hotel terminology.
· Comply at all times with LodgeWorks/Brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Keep work area neat and organized.
· Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Archer is bringing laid-back luxury to Redmond, Seattle's high-tech Eastside suburb. Set in the open-air Redmond Town Center — a walkable urban village with shops and restaurants — and close to Marymoor Park, Microsoft and Woodinville wine country, this seven-story boutique hotel promises a sophisticated Northwest vibe and quirky, curated luxuries.
Guests can expect 160 luxe guest rooms and suites, a lively cocktail bar and patio, signature amenities and sincere service — always.