Gracious hospitality and the level of service for which the Vanderbilts were renowned—all this and more is experienced by guests every day at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. The Inn is now hiring for an Assistant Executive Housekeeper - apply today! https://recruiting.ultipro.com/BIL1001BILT/JobBoard/
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper responsible for ensuring guest and employee satisfaction by assisting with planning, organizing, and development of the overall operation of the housekeeping department, while maintaining company policies and Forbes 4 star standards. Responsibilities include but not limited to, staffing, staff development, supply inventory, as well as cultivating and maintaining relationships across the estate and area vendors.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assist in Managing the daily operations of the housekeeping department in accordance departmental standards, meeting and/or exceed Forbes 4 star standards.
2. Conduct daily line-up meetings with staff; facilitate departmental communications.
3. Ensure all guest requests and recovery are communicated and honored.
4. Assist in generating a weekly schedule and payroll for departmental employees, adhering to staffing guidelines and budgets.
5. Assist with hiring, training, performance management, associate development.
6. Assist with weekly and monthly inventories of departmental supplies.
7. Conduct daily room inspections to maintain quality control and needs.
8. Coordinate with other departments to ensure standards are met including but not limited to: Laundry, Engineering, Front Desk, Room Service, Human Resources, and Purchasing.
9. Maintain positive working relationships with area vendors including but not limited to: dry cleaning, charities, floor care, upholstery, and rug care.
10. Must be able to work a varying schedule based on hotel needs. Assists in overseeing multiple shifts within housekeeping
1. A high school diploma (or GED).
2. A minimum of three years related experience in a similar supervisory and/or management position in an upscale/luxury hotel or resort. The preferred candidate will have more than three years of experience of related Rooms Operations leadership experience in a four or five star/diamond hotel.
3. Candidates must have strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and motivational skills. Should have a focus on guest service and quality and inspire staff to do the same.
4. Superior attention to detail.
5. Must be able to handle a variety of guest service situations professionally in a manner consistent with company standards.
6. Ability to take initiative, creatively problem solve, and exercise good judgment.
7. Valid driver’s license required.
8. Demonstrated commitment to contributing to the delivery of world class guest service
through providing clean and immaculate facilities for guest use.
9. Ability to safely operate commercial cleaning equipment, as well as office equipment, and to read and comprehend material safety data (MSD) sheets.
10. Proficiency in Microsoft Word applications including Word, Outlook and Excel.
11. Preferred experience with SMS, Ultipro, Kronos, and Alice.
1. The individual will work in a guest contact environment.
2. The individual will be required to lift, pull, and/or push up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
3. Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time and the ability to climb stairs.
4. Manual dexterity with the ability to operate commercial cleaning and other mechanical equipment.
5. Ability to stand/walk, stoop, bend, kneel, reach overhead and below throughout the
duration of a shift.
A place this special would never thrive without people every bit as amazing. Views, architecture, and history aside, Biltmore will always first be defined by hospitality – a timeless dedication to enjoyment and escape and to welcoming guests the way George Vanderbilt did. If hospitality is your calling, consider joining a team named one of North Carolina’s best companies by Best Companies, Inc., and one of America’s healthiest companies by the Wellness Council of America.
One of the most invaluable benefits at Biltmore is our dedication to training. Our training programs create a positive, continuous learning environment that prepares you for success at Biltmore and beyond.
Biltmore is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education & Training (IACET) and is part of an elite group that has earned this worldwide recognition. As a certified provider of training programming, all of our internal course offerings meet strict IACET standards. We award continuing education unit (CEU) credits for select classes.
Our Corporate Training & Development team offers courses in guest services, supervision and management, leadership development, hiring and selection of staff, strategic planning, management training, and much more. Career planning services and tuition reimbursement programs are also available.