Thompson Dallas part of Hyatt Corporation will make its Texas debut at The National, a 52 story building boasting a midcentury-modern hexagon design, rising prominently above the Dallas skyline. Designed to encompass an entire city block, Thompson Dallas will offer 219 guestrooms including 52 suites, 2 defining dining options and 20,000 sq feet of stunning event space. Other amenities will include a resort style pool, custom curated fitness facility, spa, and dog park. Thompson Dallas will bring guests and community together through an inspired tribute to history, design and culture.
A Front Office Host are responsible for the guest registration process and communication of hotel services and promotions. This highly visible role gives opportunity for casual conversation and has a direct impact on creating the guest experience. Other duties may include processing forms of payment and responding to guest inquires. You'll be the face of Thompson Dallas as a Front Office Associate. A great "foot in the door" role into the upscale hotel and hospitality world.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Individuals are required to meet the minimum bonding standards.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Utilize Hyatt selling skills to describe and upsell premium room products and other hotel services to our arriving guests at check-in
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Availability to work shifts during days, evenings, weekends and holidays required
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Opera experience a Plus
- Strong system and software use
- College Degree preferred (hospitality, tourism) or something related.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.