The Washington, DC office of Finnegan, one of the world’s leading and largest intellectual property law firms, is seeking a Marketing Event Planner to join our dynamic marketing department. This position will assist with marketing events, sponsorships, and special projects related to marketing and d
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Events and Sponsorships
• Coordinate the planning and execution of in-person, virtual, and hybrid events forFinnegan FORWARD, the firm’s women’s business initiative; DC-related marketing and client development receptions and seminars; client and corporate in-house education; and other special events. Responsibilities include:
o venue selection, room setup, audiovisual equipment and operators
o catering arrangements
o identifying entertainment
o vendor relations
o working with graphic designer, managers, and CMO to develop and distribute collateral and supporting materials for events, including program flyers, PPT presentations, invitations, save-the-dates, promo items, advertisements, and hand-out materials
o working with Facilities, Information Technology, Conference Services, and other firm departments as needed to prepare for and successfully execute in-person, virtual, and hybrid events
o Prepare and maintain budgets for corresponding events
o coordinating development and scheduling of mailing lists
o producing invitee, RSVP, and attendee reports from OnePlace
o onsite support, visitor access, and other logistics related to the event execution
• Assist the senior manager with logistics related to sponsorships, including:
o Packs and ships event-related materials and gifts/promo items appropriately and under strict time constraints. Responsible for the creation and packing of all event name tags as needed.
o Coordinates the distribution of event handouts and gifts/promo items withattorneys and other event team members.
o Assist with PowerPoint presentation formatting for events, serve as backup for webinar presentation formatting.
Event-Related Materials and External Communications
• Draft and post on the firm’s website and social media event summaries, including firm sponsorships and non-firm sponsored/hosted speaking engagements. Collect and track supporting materials (PowerPoint presentations, speech transcripts) in NetDocuments, and/or G drive.
• Updates and maintains internal events calendar and files.
• Coordinate purchase of sports and cultural event tickets for clients and prospects.Provide annual budget projections to CMO.
• Prepares event documentation, assists with the maintenance of the event filing systemand event tracking spreadsheets.
• Assist with tracking in OnePlace declined sponsorships and conference organizer evaluations and recommendations.
• Assume other tasks, as assigned by CMO and managers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum three years of experience in a professional business environment, with at least twoyears of experience in the management and production of large and small events ranging from conferences and briefings to receptions, hospitality, and other social functions.
3. Experience with Windows-based word processing, database programs, spreadsheets and document management systems. High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams; Zoom and other virtual event and meeting platforms.
4. Good grammatical and proofreading skills.
5. Detail oriented and organized.
6. Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with attorneys, clients, administrative and support staff, and outside vendors and professional peers.
7. Ability to work under pressure, meet frequent deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks.
8. Self-starter capable of working independently and having the initiative to identify and implement methods for enhancing the department’s internal systems and delivery of services to the firm.
9. Willingness to be a team player.
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP is dedicated to advancing the ideas, discoveries, and innovations that drive businesses around the world. From offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia, our lawyers work with leading corporations and innovators to protect, advocate, and leverage their most important intellectual property assets. Our diverse client base covers a range of industries and technologies, including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, industrial manufacturing, electrical components, medical devices, and computer technologies.