The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Complex is looking for a Director of Revenue Management to lead our Revenue Department. Position is eligible for a $100 sign on bonus after 60 days of successful employment!
What you will be doing
The Director of Revenue Management provides oversight of all revenue functions for the complex.
Develops, implements, communicates, analyzes, measures and adjusts strategies to achieve top line revenue goals in conjunction with the company’s vision and standards. Directs hotel revenue team and develops action steps to improve REVPAR performance. Executes and oversees hotel strategies to ensure STAR index gains that meet Company objectives. Reviews and recommends rooms and catering strategies including pricing, inventory, and channel management, in order to achieve budgeted revenue and maximize market share. Ensures proper mix of business through the use of market data, historical information, inventory controls and pricing strategies. Review and approve displacement analyses with property revenue team. Develop and implement property-specific action plans as necessary to address performance deficiencies. Maintain keen awareness and oversight of online real estate through updated and effective ecommerce/revenue initiatives. The Director of Revenue Management reports to the General Manager, with dotted line reporting to the Regional Director of Revenue Management / Vice President Revenue Management.
This position directly manages assigned staff and indirectly manages all subordinates. Articulates Company goals to the staff. Demonstrates commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the Company and associates. Unites associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed these goals. Works closely with management throughout the hotel and the Company. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sales/Profitability –Develop, implement and recommend transient/group sales strategies with goal of maximizing RevPar. Ensure proper mix of all market segments through use of inventory status controls and pricing strategies. Utilize knowledge of Global Distribution Systems to ensure hotel is correctly and effectively sold through all distribution channels. Monitor and balance CRO/PMS inventories to ensure property sell out. Provide solutions for all inventory imbalances. Provide effective communication to the ARO via system and other means to ensure successful sales of the property. Direct implementation of brand revenue initiatives. Ensure costs are within budgeted guidelines. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager.
- Operational – Review all Performa’s with the hotel Revenue Management Team. Responsible for all data input and report generation of revenue tracking tools (Strategy Calendar). Maintain accurate files to provide history statistics including weekly strategy calendars, monthly regret/denial, distribution channels reports, source of business and LNR analysis, transient PVC’s, weekly hotel shops, transient SMART plans, month and year end reports, etc. Manage and monitor hotel’s central reservations system to maintain consistency with property level inventory strategies and Company pricing philosophies. Provide ongoing training to Revenue team members about the capabilities / limitations of hotel system, and how strategies are carried through these systems. Review and manage all group block inventories, ensuring proper availability. Responsible for monitoring and execution of group functions, including group entry, pickup, room lists, cut off dates. Communicate strategies to hotel Revenue team. Facilitate and lead Sell Strategy Meetings in accordance with Company SOP. Communicate through meeting minutes and written documentation to Regional DORM and property Revenue team.
- Asset Management - Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked. Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
- Leadership – Direct all facets of Revenue operations. Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests. Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper nametag when working.
- Administration – Compile and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Maintain informational databases including GDS, PMS, E-commerce, and others. Assist in the preparation of monthly forecast, annual budget, marketing plan, and revenue SMART plans. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested. Assist in the preparation of monthly forecast, annual budget, marketing plan, and revenue SMART plans.
The ideal candidate for this position
Degree in hotel management, business or related major, or commensurate experience. Requires advanced knowledge of hospitality revenue principles and practices. Five or more years of related experience.
We offer a highly competitive benefits package!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Disability Insurances
- Supplemental Life Insurances (Employee, Spouse and Child coverage)
- Identity Theft Protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday
- AMAZING HOTEL DISCOUNTS to brand hotels and any hotel in the TPG portfolio!
An Equal Opportunity Employer