Posted June 10, 2021Hyatt Hotels Corporation
The Project Manager for Hotel Openings and Transitions leads the technology projects required for IT Installations and other related projects for new hotel openings, hotel transitions, and hotel upgrades.
Responsibilities include analysis and review of IT-related hotel blueprints and budgets for both new construction and renovation hotel projects; on site evaluation and analysis of and adherence to Hyatt brand standards for all IT components for new hotels from initial site visit thru hotel opening. Will work with vendors to perform all system installations, assemble proper resources on property to successfully complete all opening activities.
• Act as primary IT point of contact for new hotel projects
• Engage in direct interaction and communication of project status and planning with hotel ownership, management, Hyatt Project Services and Hyatt Brand Support teams
• Responsible for all IT vendor planning, scheduling, installation coordination, and execution with specific adherence to project budget, timelines and due dates
• Communicate information technology project expectations and progress
• Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
• Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with other departments in the organization as well as third party vendors
• Provide information technology standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures issued by the Organization while ensuring disaster recovery and back-up procedures are incorporated within the deployment plan
• Adhere to financial objectives by ensuring that project IT Budgets are issued according to our guidelines and monitoring closely during execution
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing objectives as planned
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Minimum 5 years in hotel IT management
• Minimum 2 years experience managing mulitiple simultaneous projects
• Experience working directly with multiple levels of the organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Clear understanding of current technology used in hospitality
• Strong background managing and scheduling vendors
• Requires minimum Associates Degree
• B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or Business or equivalent preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Project Management Professional preferred
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Microsoft Office Required, with advanced skill managing spreadsheets preferred.
• PDF creation and manipulation in Adobe Acrobat.
• Microsoft Visio Experience Required.
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Candidate for this role must be willing to travel up to 75% of time.
We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by making a difference in the lives of the people we touch every day. We focus on this mission in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests and owners. We support our mission and goal by adhering to a set of core values that characterize our culture.
Our full service hotels operate under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency® brands. Our two select service brands are Hyatt Place® and Hyatt Summerfield Suites™. We develop, sell and manage vacation ownership properties under the Hyatt Vacation Club® brand.
Our associates, whom we also refer to as members of the Hyatt family, consist of over 80,000 individuals working at our corporate and regional offices and our managed, franchised and owned properties in 45 countries around the world. Our corporate headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois.
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met—they’re exceeded. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It’s a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards... whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt. We believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who exceed their service expectations. In today's competitive environment, that says a lot about who we are. We care about our associates and we care about our guests.
At Hyatt, hospitality isn't just a business; it’s a calling. It’s a calling evidenced in the thousands of decisions and interactions made everyday by passionate employees throughout our company. Because hospitality is the core of who we are, it extends well beyond our guests. Our unique brand of authentic hospitality is also experienced by our employees.
We do this by infusing every facet of the Hyatt employee experience with the same degree of hospitality that we show our guests.
The success of Hyatt is driven by over 80,000 associates around the world who provide authentic hospitality and strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day. The Hyatt culture is built around a 50-year tradition of innovation and excellence, a deep understanding of the hospitality industry and a passionate commitment to delivering the most rewarding experience possible to our guests and our associates. Mission: We provide authentic hospitality. We make a difference in the lives of those we 'touch' everyday—that is our definition of hospitality. We do this in an environment that respects all people and all ideas. We do it in an efficient way that leads to superior results. Goals: We aspire to be the preferred brand in each of the segments we serve. Most preferred among our employees, guests and owners. Values: Mutual Respect, Intellectual Honesty, Integrity. Humility, Fun, Creativity and Innovation.
Hyatt believes in its employees in celebrating success and in highlighting accomplishments! Employees take pride in being part of such a collaborative environment. As an employee of the Hyatt team, not only will you receive outstanding rewards and recognition, but you’ll also be a part of a family-friendly atmosphere consistently labeled with "great camaraderie". You’ll feel a tremendous sense of pride when you’re recognized for your contributions to our exceptional guest experiences. Hyatt is equally committed to ensuring that you, your family or domestic partner stay healthy, take advantage of opportunities, plan for the future and take time to enjoy life. As healthy and happy people, Hyatt employees are committed to working in our collaborative environment. Hyatt's worldwide recognition and rewards programs will vary depending on the country. Local benefit packages will be offered for those hotels outside of North America.
We know that quality health and welfare care for you and your family or domestic partner is top priority. Hyatt’s medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage is designed to give employees and their families the opportunity to obtain comprehensive and quality health care services at reasonable costs utilizing a large network of medical professionals. Combined with unique discounts for alternative health options and fitness services, Hyatt employees take advantage of the special programs offered like the Moms-to-Babies and the Healthy Outlook Programs. Hyatt puts their employees in control of their benefits by providing easy-to-use tools to help manage them effectively and by offering a range of benefits to best meet their needs. When the need arises, Hyatt's leave policies, allow ample time off for personal, medical, new child, military or to care for a family member. Successfully being able to cope with life's everyday challenges equates to a healthy and productive work environment. The LifeBalance assistance program Hyatt offers has proven to act as a strong source of reference and is available anytime.