Posted June 10, 2021The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio hotel
The Executive Meeting Manager will have the following job functions:
1. Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering business opportunities.
2. Ensures that all business is booked within hotel parameters.
3. Conducts hotel site inspections and client presentations.
4. Create contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Manage and maintain client account files.
5. Prospect for new business – participate in sales blitzes, cold calling and contacting former clients to solicit new business and attends industry events/programs as needed.
6. Builds and maintains strong client relationships.
7. Detail events to include all food & beverage, set up and audio visual needs. Ask appropriate questions of the clients and make suggestions to ensure the details meet the group and the hotel’s needs.
8. Create group resumes and communicate client needs to all departments of the hotel. Ensure hotel staff follows through on all requests.
9. Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
10. Perform other reasonable duties that are assigned to foster a team environment.
1-3 years of experience in a similar position at a hotel
Hotel Sales and Catering experience
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Prospecting, Sales and closing skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is quickly becoming recognized as an architectural fixture of the Rosemary District located just steps from downtown Sarasota. The Sarasota Modern strives to create a series of ‘micro paradises’ that challenge the conventions in hospitality, and deliver perfectly curated living experiences that promote both internal and external discovery. Taking the lessons of early and late Modernism and adding the knowledge and aspirations of todays traveler gives guests The Sarasota Modern, where Design, Culture and Play collide. Inspired by our surrounding geography, we ensure that our guests are elevated by new and authentic experiences. The Sarasota Modern aspires The Modern Thinker. Someone who understands that design isn’t how it looks, but how it makes people feel. Someone who believes in the philosophy of less. Someone who enjoys high life. Enjoys real life. Never medium life.