JOB SUMMARYResponsible for hotel guestroom preventive maintenance and assisting in the repairs and maintenance of the hotel and hotel equipment.
- Arrive at scheduled start time in appropriate uniform and ready for work.
- Effectively work with team members to efficiently accomplish all assigned tasks each day.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete work orders for repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the brand/hotel quality standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis and complete record logs.
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, etc., and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior and ""curb appeal"" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Ensure a high level of knowledge of hotels emergency procedures and where all emergency shut offs are located and assist hotel guests as necessary in the event of an emergency.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures as required.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, concerns, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Attend all mandatory Department and Hotel meetings.
- Complete all required training within time-frame allotted.
- Perform other job duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Support environmental commitments by acquiring the knowledge, skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
- Previous maintenance experience required, preferably in a hotel/resort.
- Basic mechanical experience required.
Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in one or more of the following areas:
- Able to operate basic hand & power tools, including heavy machinery.
- Able to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 200lbs.
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Able to climb ladders up to 30 feet high and reach in all directions, often overhead.
- Able to demonstrate high energy, and strong enthusiasm for customer service.
- Able to make sound decisions toward the resolution of a potential problem.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms.
- Able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments, in both written and verbal forms.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
**Schedule will vary, will work both AM & PM shifts, and days of the week may vary from week to week.**
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, etc.
Following all precautions as instructed by the CDC, the State of VA, Hilton and HRI Properties.