Serenely located within the historic Kansas City Club building, this premier Kansas City destination seamlessly combines the old-world charm of a historic social club with modern luxury and elegance. Drawing on over 100 years of history as the premier social meeting place, The Hotel Kansas City provides a truly unique setting for memorable events, as well as inventive dining and nightlife.
In addition to the hotel's 144 guest rooms are the Town Company, a three-meal restaurant; a live music cellar cocktail bar; and a lobby lounge and bar that will bring locals and guests together for impromptu mingling. For the event minded guests, there will be 20,000 feet of meeting space that includes impressive historic ballrooms and a 3,000 square foot rooftop event patio.
The Banquet Lead Line Cook is responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of the planning, preparation, production, and control of all culinary operations in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial responsibility.
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards.
- Maintain cleanliness.
- Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
- Comply with food sanitation standards and ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Uphold all standards of kitchen hygiene.
- Putting away orders from Vendors in correct locations in the kitchen while following Health Department guidelines.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Prepare special meals or substitute items.
- Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, fish, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes and pastries.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, fish, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Make sure all storage areas are clean and all products/equipment are stored appropriately.
- Manage production tasks based off Banquet Event Orders and prep list.
- Ensure deadlines are met for Banquet Event Orders.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to Banquet Chef or Sous Chef.
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products.
- Set up and operate action stations for banquets/buffets.
- Assist management in training, scheduling, evaluating, motivating and coaching employees
- Flexibility to work all shifts as needed or required due to business volumes.
- Stock and maintain designated food stations.
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen.
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Notify Banquet Chef in advance of likely shortages.
- To assume all duties of the Sous Chef in his/her absence.
- Knowledge of stocks, soups, dressings and sauces.
- Keep the work area fresh throughout the shift.
- Breakdown buffets and plated meals, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Banquet Chef, Sous Chef and Director of Food and Beverage.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred, but not required.
- Culinary degree preferred but not required.
- Food and sanitation certified preferred.
- Food Manager certified through KC, MO Health Department or the ability to have one with in the first 30 days of employment.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- 3-4 years of culinary experience preferred.
- 1-2 years in a Supervisory role.
- Banquet or equivalent high volume experience required.
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand English to communicate with colleagues and supervisors.
- Enthusiastic, experienced and passionate about food.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Read and employ math skills for following recipes.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Foster and uphold a culture of respect, learning and positivity amongst all colleagues.
- Be an enthusiastic culinarian, eager to research, develop and learn.
- Make continuous or repetitive arm-hand movements, such as slicing or chopping food.
- Bend or stoop repeatedly over time, such as removing items from stove, oven, refrigerator or freezer.
- Clean work area and equipment using broom, mop, sponge, cleaning solution and other applicable materials.
- Move objects between 20-50lbs short distances.
- Ability to stand, walk, and continuously perform the essential job functions for an extended period of time.