We are looking for a strong analytics and visualization professional to join our team. The Data Visualization Architect will be responsible for building comprehensive and complex data visualizations, as well as managing and maintaining the data stacks used to support these visualizations.
The ideal candidate will be able to traverse a traditional BI Stack to extract, simplify, and provide key reporting that will allow as ease of communication to both the executive staff as well as individual contributors. Because the position requires extensive interaction with other groups, you must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills while maintaining a positive can-do attitude. Most of the platform data is related to BI & Insights, the person should have experience in handling the BI platforms with good knowledge in ETL and BI tools.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities
Expertise in Data Visualization
- Provide self-service capabilities, interact with the data instead of reading dozens of static tables with different cuts.
- Present findings and dynamically change the data, reveal insights and dive from top level learnings to very deep detail.
- Focus on translating data into information – insight that helps business growth and success.
- Giving context and trying to couple the current discussion to something the audience already knows, ensuring the story is well structured and connected.
- Guide the audience to focus first on the most relevant messages, diving deeper only when necessary.
- Focus on what is important and relevant, versus being obsessed in telling every fact.
Ability to Synthetize and Simplify
- Combing through data points and netting out 3-4 key issues and then communicating these to a group of execs
- Make it simple but not simplistic, you get to the few core insights.
- Gather all the relevant information before categorizing, prioritizing and deciding if it is significant.
- Sniff things out quickly, at the same time, there is the danger of missing anomalies when you jump to conclusions based only on a summary look.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required or currently enrolled and successfully complete a GED program within 6 months from start date as a condition of continued employment
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record as a Data Architect, Data Visualization Expert, or equivalent analytics role for an enterprise industry– required
Expert with Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and SQL –required
- Four (4) years of business intelligence (BI) and/or Data Modeling related work experience- required
- Three (3) years of experience developing a combination of complex ETLs, SSAS tabular models with large and complex datasets, and the creation and management of large set data modeling- required
- Experience developing with .NET 2.0/3.5/4.0/4.5 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASMX, ADO.NET, VBScript, and ADO – preferred
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking skills, and communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple projects and priorities and reprioritize as necessary to align with business objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a valid and current State Driver’s License and an insurable driving record for purposes of driving company vehicles as required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.