Are you a hospitality-minded team player experienced in basic repairs? If so, we may have a great opportunity for you!
Engineers maintain the facility, both front and back of the house, contributing to the overall guest experience. You specialize in repairs and maintaining equipment. You take pride in focusing on the details and helping to set the stage for the guest comfort by ensuring everything is in working order helping create a positive memorable experience for every guest.
- Performs general carpentry and repairs to furniture and structures such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows, and counters.
- Performs general repair and maintenance using a variety of tools and materials; assists other employees in these areas.
- Performs elementary painting decorating, and finishing of furniture and structure including but not limited to plastering, refinishing, and stripping.
- Checks and makes minor repairs on electrical systems such as refrigeration controls, television sets, and lighting systems.
- Checks and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures, such as pipelines, toilets, and sinks.
- Performs preventative maintenance in regards to plumbing and electrical systems such as checking electrical outlets and pipe systems.
- Turns in a complete notification of all work finished daily.
- Wears protective equipment such as eye and ear protection or respirators when required.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Three to four years in any of the artisan trades or previous experience as a general repairman.
- Knowledge of/and ability to use all general repair tools (both hand and power), read simple drawings and specifications, and make rough estimates of required materials.
- Previous experience/extensive knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have command of the English language, written and verbal.
- Must have basic mathematical skills for simple calculations.
- Must be able to organize time effectively and work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be proficient and experienced with current computer software programs and preferably hospitality software
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Good hearing and vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to bend, stoop and squat.
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to reach high places and work safely on ladders and high lifts.
- Must be able to work in varying environments, both indoor and outdoors.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Teamwork Oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, color, creed, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Our locations are drug-free. Background checks are required before employment begins.