Posted July 14, 2021Hyatt Hotels Corporation
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Hyatt Cyber Security organization at Hyatt. The Manager – Cyber Security Compliance Operations role will report into the Cyber Security Governance, Risk and Compliance organization and would be responsible for leading Hyatt’s Third Party Risk Management Program (TPRM) enterprise program from a cybersecurity perspective and serve as a process improvement champion for the organization to identify, improve and automate processes across the organization.
• Manage Hyatt’s global Third-Party Risk Management Program (TPRM) which includes developing, enhancing, and maintaining the process through the use of automation tools including a third-party GRC platform.
• Create and maintain governance documentation for the global TPRM program which includes policies, standards, procedures, risk definitions and requirements.
• Plan and conduct third-party vendor assessments focusing on compliance with regulations, company policies and internal controls. Communicate risks and track remediation plans.
• Identify key program metrics to measure the effectiveness of the program including creation of reports and scorecards.
• Communicate TPRM initiatives with stakeholders across the company.
• Work with Legal and Procurement to integrate TRPM processes for vendor selection and contract negotiations. Conduct contract reviews to ensure cyber provisions are in place.
• Participate in Cyber Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance processes to provide guidance on security risks and improve security posture.
• Continuously analyze existing organization-wide processes to identify improvement opportunities and drive efficiencies. Utilize automation technologies as needed to create repeatable processes.
• Be a champion of process improvements by implementing solutions that deliver improved effectiveness, efficiency, and user experience outcomes.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Minimum of 4-6 years or a combination of work experience within Cyber Security domains such as Governance, Risk, and Compliance and Third-Party Risk Management; however any combination of experience, education, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position is acceptable.
• Deep understanding and experience with organizational process improvement, working with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) platforms, and workflow automation platforms.
• Deep understanding of risk frameworks and risk methodologies such as NIST, CIS, COBIT, and ISO.
• Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma and DMAIC methodologies is preferred.
• Experience leading a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of SOC reports, ISO certifications, PCI report on compliance and any independent attestation reports that may include compliance and privacy regulations.
• Experience with creating and implementing cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures.
• Knowledge of information systems terminology, controls, and practices.
• Proactive self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a larger team. Will have functional oversight over other individuals supporting the program.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively interact with different areas and level of the organization, including executive leadership.
• A Bachelor’s degree or better in Cyber Security, Information Systems, or any other security-related subject is preferred; however any combination of education, experience, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position is acceptable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Any of the CISA, CISM, CISSP, Six Sigma, ITIL, PMP certifications are preferred; however any combination of certification, education, and experience that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position is acceptable.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Expert user of Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Experience with GRC and/or Workflow Automation Platforms (e.g. Archer, MetricStream, ZenGRC, LogicGate, etc.)
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Ability and willingness to operate in a fast-paced, complex corporate environment
• Travel may include approximately 5% of work time
We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by making a difference in the lives of the people we touch every day. We focus on this mission in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests and owners. We support our mission and goal by adhering to a set of core values that characterize our culture.
Our full service hotels operate under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency® brands. Our two select service brands are Hyatt Place® and Hyatt Summerfield Suites™. We develop, sell and manage vacation ownership properties under the Hyatt Vacation Club® brand.
Our associates, whom we also refer to as members of the Hyatt family, consist of over 80,000 individuals working at our corporate and regional offices and our managed, franchised and owned properties in 45 countries around the world. Our corporate headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois.
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met—they’re exceeded. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It’s a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards... whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt. We believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who exceed their service expectations. In today's competitive environment, that says a lot about who we are. We care about our associates and we care about our guests.
At Hyatt, hospitality isn't just a business; it’s a calling. It’s a calling evidenced in the thousands of decisions and interactions made everyday by passionate employees throughout our company. Because hospitality is the core of who we are, it extends well beyond our guests. Our unique brand of authentic hospitality is also experienced by our employees.
We do this by infusing every facet of the Hyatt employee experience with the same degree of hospitality that we show our guests.
The success of Hyatt is driven by over 80,000 associates around the world who provide authentic hospitality and strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day. The Hyatt culture is built around a 50-year tradition of innovation and excellence, a deep understanding of the hospitality industry and a passionate commitment to delivering the most rewarding experience possible to our guests and our associates. Mission: We provide authentic hospitality. We make a difference in the lives of those we 'touch' everyday—that is our definition of hospitality. We do this in an environment that respects all people and all ideas. We do it in an efficient way that leads to superior results. Goals: We aspire to be the preferred brand in each of the segments we serve. Most preferred among our employees, guests and owners. Values: Mutual Respect, Intellectual Honesty, Integrity. Humility, Fun, Creativity and Innovation.
Hyatt believes in its employees in celebrating success and in highlighting accomplishments! Employees take pride in being part of such a collaborative environment. As an employee of the Hyatt team, not only will you receive outstanding rewards and recognition, but you’ll also be a part of a family-friendly atmosphere consistently labeled with "great camaraderie". You’ll feel a tremendous sense of pride when you’re recognized for your contributions to our exceptional guest experiences. Hyatt is equally committed to ensuring that you, your family or domestic partner stay healthy, take advantage of opportunities, plan for the future and take time to enjoy life. As healthy and happy people, Hyatt employees are committed to working in our collaborative environment. Hyatt's worldwide recognition and rewards programs will vary depending on the country. Local benefit packages will be offered for those hotels outside of North America.
We know that quality health and welfare care for you and your family or domestic partner is top priority. Hyatt’s medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage is designed to give employees and their families the opportunity to obtain comprehensive and quality health care services at reasonable costs utilizing a large network of medical professionals. Combined with unique discounts for alternative health options and fitness services, Hyatt employees take advantage of the special programs offered like the Moms-to-Babies and the Healthy Outlook Programs. Hyatt puts their employees in control of their benefits by providing easy-to-use tools to help manage them effectively and by offering a range of benefits to best meet their needs. When the need arises, Hyatt's leave policies, allow ample time off for personal, medical, new child, military or to care for a family member. Successfully being able to cope with life's everyday challenges equates to a healthy and productive work environment. The LifeBalance assistance program Hyatt offers has proven to act as a strong source of reference and is available anytime.