Flexible Schedule - AM and PM shifts available! Full-Time and Part-Time positions open
Posted June 21, 2022Delta Hotels by Marriott Milwaukee Northwest
Looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our Delta Milwaukee Northwest team!
$12.00 - $13.00 (based on experience)
JOB DESCRIPTION – FLOOR / PUBLIC SPACE / LAUNDRY ATTENDANT
Executive Housekeeper / Housekeeping Supervisor
Prior housekeeping experience desirable.
· Must have command of the English language to communicate with guests and associates.
· Able to stand for 8 hours.
· Must be able to work flexible days and hours, including weekends and holidays.
· Able to bend, stoop, and kneel for low area cleaning.
· Able to lift 125 pounds.
· Good hearing and vision with or without corrective lenses.
· Able to push cart weighing 250 pounds.
Reports for duty on time and in uniform.
Carries a walkie-talkie and responds as needed when directed by Supervisor.
8. Supplies clean linen to linen closets on assigned floors.
9. Strips bedding from assigned guest rooms.
10. Removes soiled linen from housekeeping carts and the floors and brings to the laundry room.
11. Sort and record discarded linen into categories. Report damages or loss of linen to supervisor.
12. Monitor and control supplies, and minimize waste within laundry facility.
13. Removes trash and debris from the floors and brings it to the trash/recyclable containers.
14. Brings dirty glasses from rooms to kitchen and wash all glasses properly using the dishwasher.
15. Opens cartons, unpacks supplies/linens and assists with transporting received supply orders to storage closets under the supervision of the Executive Housekeeper.
16. Replenishes guest room supplies in the linen closets.
17. Maintains the cleanliness and presentation of storage closets and hallways.
18. Follows the job-training program for daily and project work.
19. Clean and service assigned areas according to established standards and procedures which may include public restrooms, lobby area, stairwells, elevators, fitness center, pool area, vending areas, pantry, etc. May include cleaning employee break room as well.
20. Clean and polish all furniture, railings, table tops, and mirrors in assigned public areas.
21. Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions that are noticed.
22. Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
23. Report, turn in any lost and found items according to established procedures.
24. Collects trash from throughout the property, including back office areas.
25. Assists with vacuuming entrances, floor mats and corridors.
26. Assists with hotel laundry, stocking fitness center/pool towels.
27. Assists with the cleaning and stocking of public restrooms.
28. Assists with the cleaning of a guest room or making of beds from time to time.
29. Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
APPEARANCE AND GROOMING: All staff members are required to follow the guidelines set forth by the associate handbook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, ability to write simple correspondence, ability to effectively present one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other staff members of the organization and hospitality community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written, oral, or diagram form, ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and ability to address customer personalities in various business situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is occasionally required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle and feel objects, tools controls and type; talk with and hear guests. The staff member is frequently required to stand and walk. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds. The specific vision abilities required are close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The staff member will work in a high traffic/high volume business environment and will be required to spend a majority of their time on their feet.
The Delta Hotel in Menomonee Falls, simple made perfect.
A seamless experience awaits you at Delta Hotels Milwaukee Northwest. Situated in Menomonee Falls, our hotel offers thoughtful design with the essential needs of frequent traveler in mind. Settle into our modern yet convenient designed rooms and suites with smart amenities including fast, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bottled water, over-sized TVs and plush Marriott brand bedding. Waterlin Coffee Bar & Bistro, our signature restaurant, showcases classic WI comfort dishes with modern twists—locally sourced and inspired. The cocktail menu offers multiple old fashioned styles and, of course, local craft beers. All of the specialty cocktails go the extra step to pay homage to Wisconsin’s ice harvesting trade by asking guests, “How do you like your ice? Classic, crushed or cubed? If you're hosting an event, our hotel offers several well-designed banquet spaces; a team of experienced planners are on hand to ensure that your gathering is a success. Welcome to simple made perfect.