At Blossom we create a unique guest experience that is centered around wellness and lifestyle. Therefore, we cater to our customer’s needs by providing a welcoming space where they can casually dine, grab an elevated to go meal, and shop for unique gifts and apparel. As a Blossom Supervisor working at the Westin Anaheim Resort, you will be responsible for exceeding guests’ expectations. You will provide our guests with friendly, prompt and attentive service that is tailored to the customer’s preference and the Westin service standard. The Blossom Retail Supervisor partners with the Blossom Manager to lead the team in creating a hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The Supervisor is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and building enduring relationships both internally and externally. The Supervisor is responsible for driving the business forward as it relates to selling and building enduring relationships. Additionally, in absence of the Manager, the Supervisor will act as the manager on duty.
Retail Supervisor Responsibilities
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts
- Obtains staffing and station assignments for all staff.
- Immediately recognizes and greets arriving guests, obtains guests’ names and use when appropriate.
- Practices teamwork by assisting fellow employees to enhance our guests’ shopping and dining experience.
- Acts as the Manager on Duty. Handles situations where a guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of their experience. Escalates when necessary.
- Must be comfortable supervising both the retail shop and café ensuring standards are met and goals are achieved.
- Completes all opening, mid-shift, and closing duties in a timely manner.
- Unpacks, steams, and preps merchandise for sale.
- Partners with the Manager on effectively leading the shop/café and performs duties as assigned.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Responsible for cleaning all areas surrounding the Outlet entrance, including windows, doors, floors, etc at any given time in accordance to our internal standard and to comply with CDC recommendations.
- Strategically identify, target and cultivate relationships within the community that align with the brand and can help drive incremental sales.
- High School Diploma or higher education preferred
- Must have experience in high traffic guest service establishments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to be flexible and multitask.
- Open to learning new things and performing new tasks as required.
- Must possess two or more years of leadership experience within a restaurant or coffee shop environment.
- Strong retail sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Professional and friendly in tone, appearance, and disposition.
- Excels at customer service by always going above and beyond what is expected.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate varying temperatures: front of house to back of house and freezer if necessary.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Additional Job Requirements
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time in full uniform.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County.
We participate in E-Verify