Posted July 19, 2021Hyatt Hotels Corporation
As Software Developer Lead, you will be responsible for applying superior knowledge of design principles and best of class software development practices to innovate & support core Central Reservation Systems experiences on GCC Agent and Back Office applications. The Software Developer Lead will work collaboratively with Engineering and Product to support and build a best-of-class reservation processing experience.
The ideal candidate is a creative, passionate, pragmatic thinker that can identify opportunities to solve problems and analyze customer data to support the central reservations suite of applications in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates will have experience working with business end users, business analysts, and other partners to determine requirements and propose approaches to address users' needs. This role will partner closely with engineering and product management peers, as well as data analytics, to elevate the global guest experience across Hyatt’s web and mobile products.
Reporting to the Director of Application Development, this is a decision-making role responsible for the support, development, prioritization, execution and delivery of software solutions and data support across the entire central reservations suite. The Software Developer Lead will play a key role in researching, defining, innovating and delivering cutting edge software solutions that enable GCC capabilities. This role will work closely with the Jinan, China support team guiding their support and development prioritization to meet the goals of the CRS roadmap and support real-time activities of the application users.
· Leads the support, development and delivery of colleague-facing, data-driven solutions and designs for the Hyatt Central Reservations Suite.
· Optimizes software delivery through the use of CI/CD best practices, development trends, testing and colleague quality assurance.
· Explores new patterns and practices, enhancing methodological toolkit to enhance and improve the applications and customer data support.
· Coaches and guides junior software developers and evolves the software delivery process to create high-quality products informed by data, usability and best practices.
· Works collaboratively with Engineering and Product to support and build a best-of-class reservation processing experience.
· Manages multiple support streams and software package releases simultaneously.
· Consistently and clearly communicate status to CRS leadership and business stakeholders
· Demonstrates a commitment to Hyatt core values.
· The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
· 5+ years of experience as a software developer, solutions designer, data analyst or similar role designing & developing colleague facing, batch processing, and services based applications
· Experience working with relational database query languages, Informix preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in Unix/Linux support in high-transaction volume environments.
· Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams to foster healthy and high performing teams based on technical feasibility, business viability, and customer desirability.
· Experience in leading cross-functional teams, presenting to senior leadership, and effectively engaging external vendors in design work
· Experience bringing industry leading consumer experiences to market
· Hotel or airline online experience desired
· Bachelor's degree required
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Web Development, or Data Analytics
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
· Java , C, Informix 4gl, Unix scripting, Perl scripting, Linux scripting, DB SQL
· Microsoft Office
· SPLUNK dashboards, queries
· Jenkins, Checkmarx, Bitbucket
Additional Comments and Requirements
· Candidates must have experience leading small development and support teams. They must have experience overseeing design, development, and testing work across channels and with a multi-functional team, managing multiple efforts at one time and working effectively with a range of stakeholders. They should be fluent in development and deployment principles, best practices and trends.
· Candidates for this role should enjoy a challenging, fast-paced environment with a focus on quality and industry leading innovation. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, be a self-starter, and be effective at managing multiple projects and priorities.
We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by making a difference in the lives of the people we touch every day. We focus on this mission in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests and owners. We support our mission and goal by adhering to a set of core values that characterize our culture.
Our full service hotels operate under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency® brands. Our two select service brands are Hyatt Place® and Hyatt Summerfield Suites™. We develop, sell and manage vacation ownership properties under the Hyatt Vacation Club® brand.
Our associates, whom we also refer to as members of the Hyatt family, consist of over 80,000 individuals working at our corporate and regional offices and our managed, franchised and owned properties in 45 countries around the world. Our corporate headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois.
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met—they’re exceeded. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It’s a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards... whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt. We believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who exceed their service expectations. In today's competitive environment, that says a lot about who we are. We care about our associates and we care about our guests.
At Hyatt, hospitality isn't just a business; it’s a calling. It’s a calling evidenced in the thousands of decisions and interactions made everyday by passionate employees throughout our company. Because hospitality is the core of who we are, it extends well beyond our guests. Our unique brand of authentic hospitality is also experienced by our employees.
We do this by infusing every facet of the Hyatt employee experience with the same degree of hospitality that we show our guests.
The success of Hyatt is driven by over 80,000 associates around the world who provide authentic hospitality and strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day. The Hyatt culture is built around a 50-year tradition of innovation and excellence, a deep understanding of the hospitality industry and a passionate commitment to delivering the most rewarding experience possible to our guests and our associates. Mission: We provide authentic hospitality. We make a difference in the lives of those we 'touch' everyday—that is our definition of hospitality. We do this in an environment that respects all people and all ideas. We do it in an efficient way that leads to superior results. Goals: We aspire to be the preferred brand in each of the segments we serve. Most preferred among our employees, guests and owners. Values: Mutual Respect, Intellectual Honesty, Integrity. Humility, Fun, Creativity and Innovation.
Hyatt believes in its employees in celebrating success and in highlighting accomplishments! Employees take pride in being part of such a collaborative environment. As an employee of the Hyatt team, not only will you receive outstanding rewards and recognition, but you’ll also be a part of a family-friendly atmosphere consistently labeled with "great camaraderie". You’ll feel a tremendous sense of pride when you’re recognized for your contributions to our exceptional guest experiences. Hyatt is equally committed to ensuring that you, your family or domestic partner stay healthy, take advantage of opportunities, plan for the future and take time to enjoy life. As healthy and happy people, Hyatt employees are committed to working in our collaborative environment. Hyatt's worldwide recognition and rewards programs will vary depending on the country. Local benefit packages will be offered for those hotels outside of North America.
We know that quality health and welfare care for you and your family or domestic partner is top priority. Hyatt’s medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage is designed to give employees and their families the opportunity to obtain comprehensive and quality health care services at reasonable costs utilizing a large network of medical professionals. Combined with unique discounts for alternative health options and fitness services, Hyatt employees take advantage of the special programs offered like the Moms-to-Babies and the Healthy Outlook Programs. Hyatt puts their employees in control of their benefits by providing easy-to-use tools to help manage them effectively and by offering a range of benefits to best meet their needs. When the need arises, Hyatt's leave policies, allow ample time off for personal, medical, new child, military or to care for a family member. Successfully being able to cope with life's everyday challenges equates to a healthy and productive work environment. The LifeBalance assistance program Hyatt offers has proven to act as a strong source of reference and is available anytime.