Posted July 22, 2021Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
The Fairfield by Marriott, New York Downtown Manhattan is seeking a General Manager to create and maintain customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best.
JOB OVERVIEW: Oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals. Oversees the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, dictating memorandums and orally communicating with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
2. Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
3. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
4. Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Crescent and hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
6. Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
7. Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
8. Appropriate handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Crescent policies.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning. Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear. Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions including bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead. Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines. Ability to travel to various sites on and off hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
100 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10006
192 Room Hotel
We boast a convenient location near top attractions in the Financial District including the New York Stock Exchange, National September 11 Memorial & Museum, One World Trade Center/Freedom Tower, Wall Street, Battery Park and Trinity Church. After a day of adventure, enjoy unwinding in our spacious rooms and suites featuring luxury bedding, mini-refrigerators, ergonomic workstations and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Wake up refreshed and start your day by fueling up at our free daily breakfast buffet. During downtime, stay our fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights is available so you can maintain your exercise routine. At Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area, our guests are our #1 priority.