Surf. Sand. Sunset. Success.
Find Yours at Our Special Place.
Shimmering views of the Pacific await you at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa. Our stunning, Spanish-inspired resort offers guests remarkable meeting space, pampering spa treatments, irresistible restaurants, and superior service in a stunning seaside setting. Join us as “We Care for People So They Can Be their Best.”
Take a peek into our colleague experience as a Full Time Painter:
What does the role entail?
The painter engineer is responsible for maintaining a high degree of maintenance services to the hotel and its guests. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to responding to all guest requests and service orders, maintaining all stock and materials used, as well as management of projects assigned to candidate. This position requires great communication skills and a consistent work ethic on a daily basis.
Candidate must have 3 years painting and wallpaper background, including Tile and Drywall knowledge. Must pass respirator tests and have basic troubleshooting skills, electricity, plumbing, etc. Must be able to work overnight shifts and be able to assist the Engineering Team & Hotel dependent on workload of the department. Ideal candidate for this position would possess great customer service skills, and a genuine willingness for helping our guests and associates. This is a fast-paced position that will involve prioritization and moving from assignment to assignment as the need presents itself. Ideal candidate will also be able to work within a team environment and be able to properly communicate within the team structure.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight
- Ability to push and pull heavy objects
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances
- Ability to work in the Sun
- Previous related paint experience and knowledge required
- At least 3 years painting, drywall & Tile experience
- Carpentry experience required
- Open scheduling availability including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Good communication skills
- Basic mechanical troubleshooting experience.
What You Will Love About Us
- Location, location, location!
- Flexible work schedules
- Full-time benefit eligibility after 30 days
- Discount hotel stays for colleagues, friends and family
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house
- Complimentary parking in our underground structure
- Complimentary meals during work hours
- Hyatt Perks which includes thousands of national and local partners for various discounts.
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance eligibility after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) Retirement plan & Hyatt stock purchase plan.
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based a colleague’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice.”
- Learn and Grow: We are committed to the growth of our colleagues and provide a community where diverse individuals explore new ways of thinking and expanding capabilities
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues
- Ability to cross-train and work within multiple positions that provide the opportunity to grow skills and value as a colleague
- With over 700 Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the United States, opportunities for internal promotion are abundant.
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
- Hyatt is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, status of any other group protected by law.
- Our Vision: Our commitment is to create an environment where people can bring their whole self to work each day – so they can be their best and perform at their best so they can better care for others
- Hyatt Hotels and Resorts is recognized as one of FORTUNE Magazine, “100 Best Companies to Work For” in the United States for the 9th year in the row
- The Human Rights Campaign has honored Hyatt among “The Best Places to Work” for LGBTQ equality in 2022, for the 18th consecutive year.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight.
- Ability to push and pull heavy objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances.
- Ability to work in the Sun.
- Previous related paint experience and knowledge required.
- At least 3 years painting, drywall & Tile experience.
- Carpentry experience required.
- Open scheduling availability including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Good communication skills.
Basic mechanical troubleshooting experience.