Hotel Talent NYC is seeking an experienced Accounting Clerk responsible for balancing revenues and receipts and coordinating the daily financials daily. While also ensuring that hotel guests receive hospitable and responsive service ensuring guest satisfaction and loyalty.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
- Accurately enters all daily revenues, receipts and ledger balances into daily report.
- Reconciles daily cash deposits and credit card transmissions.
- Bills A/R accounts daily and follows up on any accounts within 3 days to ensure the customer has received the invoice and does not have any questions. Follow up 30 days after the initial billing if payment has not been received.
- Enters invoices into accounts payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and obtaining General Manager's approval.
- Assist in the processing of payroll.
- Reconciles taxes daily and verifies all tax-exempt backup is on file.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Corporate Director of Finance.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Guest Services Manager of revenue impacting events.
- Post-no-show revenue daily, if required at the property.
- Process travel agent checks, if required, at the property.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at the front desk as needed.
- Communicate availability to wholesalers.
- Call for occupancy at area hotels.
- File reservations and group contracts.
- Hotel Experience preferred.
- Previous Accounting Experience preferably with Hotel
- Previous experience in coordinating between departments is preferred.
- Proven success in guest service results.
- Be an outgoing, welcoming personality for the Hotel.
- Use logical thinking and personal judgment to perform various office tasks that require special skills and knowledge.
- Follow instructions without close supervision.
- Speak and write clearly and accurately.
- Be available for workdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed.
- Time Management skills to meet commitments across multiple departments and roles.
- Customer Focus to consistently deliver optimal employee and Customer Satisfaction.