Winston Hospitality is looking for a Housekeeper/Room Attendant for its full service 181 room AC Hotel by Marriott in San Antonio, TX.
Who will this job appeal to
This position would be ideal for someone who is detail oriented, passionate about customer service, values a professional environment, team oriented, and desires a long-term employer relationship. Previous experience is preferred but not required.
Responsible for providing clean and immaculate hotel guest rooms that meet the expectations of the guest and the established standards of Winston Hospitality.
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for investigating guest complaints.
- Responsible for follow-up with Guest complaints and requests.
- Responsible for providing clean guestrooms.
- Responsible for sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors within the guestrooms, and public areas of the hotel.
- Responsible for vacuuming hotel guestrooms.
- Responsible for emptying guestroom wastebaskets and clean ashtrays.
- Responsible for washing windows, mirrors, door panels, and sills.
- Responsible for replenishing guestroom amenities and supplies, i.e. tissue, soaps, shampoos etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that Quality Standards and Service are maintained for Property, Product and People.
- Responsible for ensuring that Quality Standards are met for brand expectations.
- Responsible for developing a critical eye for detail and perfection.
- Responsible for security of guest room and its contents.
- Must have basic knowledge of sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of brand standards and Corporate policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to clean rooms
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and carry upwards to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including 10 key adding machines, personal computers, fax machines, and photo copiers.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Work in cold & hot temperatures.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 25 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.