Winston Hospitality is looking for a Laundry Attendant for its full service 181 room AC Hotel by Marriott in San Antonio, TX.
Who this job will appeal to
This job will be ideal for someone with a "team" mentality and enjoys working in the heart of the house to ensure availability of needed linen inventory.
The ideal candidate for this position
Our ideal candidate will be energetic, have an eye for detail, and is able to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
What you will be doing
Maintain the condition of all hotel linen in accordance with the company and brand standards through efficient cleaning and processing. An eye for detail is key to this position. Some key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for receiving and issuing clean linens. Fill written orders as requested by various departments. Requires extending arms overhead, bending, grasping and lifting bulky linens weighing up to 50 lbs. from shelves to carts.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to ensure continuous supply. Control room and table linens and organize by size, color, and department.
- Responsible for completing inventory sheets with current counts of linens and the amount required for re-supplying to maintain par standard.
- Responsible for discarding torn, worn, and faded linens following established procedures.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned such as assisting Uniform Room Attendants in issuing clothing to employees.
- Must have basic knowledge of sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of brand standards and Corporate policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously.
- Ability to push, or lift heavy loads weighing up to 50 pounds as the position requires continuous transportation of laundry to and from guest rooms.
- Ability to push and or pull wheeled racks and carts weighing up to 100 pounds.