Winston Hospitality is looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor for its full-service 181 room AC Hotel by Marriott in San Antonio, TX.
Responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the guest accommodations and public areas and ensure that all Associates performing housekeeping functions carry out their assignments in accordance with established standards. Additionally, this position will be responsible for all housekeeping problems, supplies, linen, equipment, housekeeping work orders for Engineering and any other duties as assigned or required.
- Responsible for ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for investigating guest complaints.
- Responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in the assignment and supervision of all housekeeping Team Members
- Responsible for ensuring proper established standards and procedures for housekeeping staff as to brand and company standards.
- Responsible for inspecting and evaluating physical condition of guestroom and public area product.
- Responsible for inventories of guest supplies and amenities including equipment on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for training all housekeeping and laundry staff according to expectations and standards.
- Responsible for the Supervision and operation of linen, supply and storage rooms.
- Responsible for enforcing inventory controls for uniforms, linens and supplies to be monitored by issuance procedures and purchasing.
- Responsible for documenting needs of the department to furnish management with budget requests.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring and making adjustments in order to comply with energy conservation program management.
- Responsible for key control.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Associates are satisfied in current position and that we are focused on their development.
- Responsible for assisting in monitoring and controlling the operating budget.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance in regards to building, furniture, fixture, and equipment.
- Responsible for evaluating condition of furniture, fixtures, décor and make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that Quality Standards and Service are maintained as to Property, Product and People.
- Responsible for assisting the updating of all safety procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all cleaning agents are properly mixed and used according to instructions and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for participating on the hotel Safety Committee.
- Responsible for compliance with fire and safety issues.
- Responsible for assisting in planning and conducting housekeeping staff meetings and attend various other related meetings throughout hotel.
- Responsible for providing assistance and instruction to employees and makes routine hiring decisions.
- Responsible for communicating daily with other management, and department heads and employees to ensure proper operating procedures are in compliance.
- Responsible for working all shifts.
- Responsible for assisting Executive Housekeeper in the maintenance and control of “lost and found.”
- Responsible for assisting in the development of annual budgets and periodic forecasts for the hotel.
- Responsible for ensuring Security for the hotel’s customers, employees, and property assets.
- Responsible for assisting in enforcing established policies and procedures for Winston Hospitality and the hotel’s brand.
- Responsible for assisting in cleaning rooms, public areas, inspections and performing laundry functions as work loads may require.
- Responsible for assisting in training all housekeeping Associates as Room Attendants, House Persons, Room Inspectors, Laundry Attendants, and Housekeeping Supervisors.
- Responsible for performing “other duties” as assigned by management.
- Must have basic knowledge of sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of Corporate policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property.
- Must have basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting.
- Must have exceptional supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with team members, customers, vendors, and contractors.
- Must have the ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping service activities.
NOTICE: Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 25 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.