Posted October 11, 2021Hartford Marriott Downtown
Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
Are you often told you are an outgoing, positive, friendly person? Can you work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and nights? This is not a Monday thru Friday job, but it is for you if you love people, are professional and have the right attitude!
The At Your Service associate serve as a resource for guests as both a food runner (room service) and phone operator. All associates must maintain a warm and friend demeanor and be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms. Job responsibilities include:
- Effectively listen to, understand, and clarify guest concerns
- Fill and deliver orders correctly and efficiently to hotel guests; and ensure orders and amenities are delivered within the time frame expected.
- Log guest requests or issues into computer, contact appropriate department, and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been met to their satisfaction.
- Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest. Assist guests with accessing the internet.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, taking and relaying room service orders and messages.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
Enjoy the style and luxury of our newly renovated downtown Hartford Hotel. Located in the Front Street District of Hartford, the Marriott Hartford Downtown overlooks the Connecticut River and is interconnected with the Connecticut Convention Center. Attracting business and leisure travelers alike since 2005, this 409 room upscale hotel is AAA rated with four Diamonds. Local Hartford attractions within walking distance include Infinity Hall, Spotlight Theater, Wadsworth Atheneum, The Bushnell for Performing Arts, Old State House, and the State Capital Building. The Connecticut Science Center, an interactive educational science museum for adults and children, is adjacent to the hotel. Other area highlights include the Xfinity Theatre, Travelers, Aetna, Pratt & Whitney, and UTC. This Marriott hotel combines the beauty of a grand hotel with contemporary amenities including a spa, fitness center, swimming pool, upscale dining at VIVO, a stylish bar scene at L BAR, Starbucks lounge, and high-speed Internet access.