As a Games Producer, you are core to the culture and productivity of the WCH Digital game experiences team. The ideal candidate will be able to balance schedule needs with creative pursuits, pushing for quality and innovation while managing both budget and time; and lead a team to create innovative new experiences.
Executing on the visions for our project takes many traits, but above all stand teamwork, leadership and a dedication to excellence. Coordinating the efforts of a large project team is a big responsibility; the Producer needs to be both focused and agile in navigating the complexities of the development cycle.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Producer with WCH, you will work directly with the Executive Director and project leads to establish and maintain the vision, scope, schedule, budget, and resource plan for one or several initiatives within the team.
- Ensure that the project is hitting its quality and Engagement, or Fun goals while actively managing the schedule and milestone deliverables.
- Establish sustainable processes and tools to drive the success of the team.
- Manage day-to-day development issues; identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to fix them.
- Identify potential areas of risk and create/execute mitigation plans before issues happen. Keep the team operating at a high level of productivity.
- Facilitate communication across the project team; clearly communicate tasks and responsibilities to staff.
- Coordinate and lead efforts across teams, sometimes “virtual” and often cross-functional. Including groups such as: Development, Test, Marketing, User Research, Localization, Business Development, Licensing, Legal, and more.
- Provide regular status to the various leadership teams, including conducting internal reviews with leads and Management.
- Lead the team through a project’s lifecycle and keep them focused on the critical path.
- Identify obstacles and risks to a project before they can affect the team.
- Facilitate discussion within the team on how best to overcome development challenges.
- Communicate feedback from stakeholders to the team to ensure the product remains true to requirements.
- Use Jira or Project to organize task allocation and plan sprints for the projects, keeping the team organized and productive.
- Work closely with external partners and clients; communicating progress clearly and consistently.
- Provide a clear and complete status of the project to stakeholders through both written and verbal means.
- Work closely with our QA team to ensure that our products are of the highest quality.
- Conduct post-mortem analysis to learn from both successes and mistakes in order to improve processes and establish best practices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required or currently enrolled and successfully complete a GED program within 6 months from start date as a condition of continued employment
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Marketing, or Related Field -required
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Producer, Project Manager or Lead Role in the game industry -required
- You have been involved in at least two projects that have been fully delivered to end customers. -required
- Experience in using project management software of one kind as an expert or various as a generalist: Project, Slack, Excel, Teams, etc-required
- You have been responsible for scheduling tasks and planning sprints for mixed discipline teams: Art, Developers, Test, Audio etc-required
- You are used to leading and facilitating discussion across the team and with project stakeholders. -required
- You have worked on projects that involved external partners (clients, publishers, etc). -required
- You have experience in a public-facing role– dealing with the press, attending events and giving demonstrations.
- You’ve worked on projects across games consoles, PC and mobile.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Development platforms such as Unreal, Unity or other bespoke platform development tools
- An excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organization skills.
- A concise, clear and confident speaker and writer.
- A positive leadership influence on the team – inspire and encourage the team to achieve the highest possible standards of performance.
- A calm, patient and diplomatic demeanor that helps put the team at ease and deflects external pressures, giving them a relaxed environment where they can do their best work.
- You are an excellent problem solver, able to identify potential issues before they occur and coming up with creative solutions.
- You are empathetic – you attempt to understand problems objectively, listening and considering all perspectives.
- You can give excellent feedback to the team in a form that is clear and actionable.
- An excellent understanding of project management software and the ability to communicate the data produced to less experienced users.
- You know what it takes to make a game, with a keen understanding of the different disciplines involved and how they work together.
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a valid and current State Driver’s License and an insurable driving record for purposes of driving company vehicles as required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.